Actionscript 3 (Beginner to Advanced) + Mobile Games
What you'll learn
- By the end of this course, you will learn how to draw and animate in Flash as well as importing graphics in Flash
- By the end of this course, you will learn the different types of symbols (movieclip, graphic, button)
- By the end of the course, you will be able to learn basic programming principles and programming structures
- By the end of the course, you will learn how to create puzzle and drag and drop games
- By the end of the course, you will be able to create a simple shooting game like Galaga or Space Invaders
- By the end of the course, you will be able to economic simulation games where the player can buy stuff in order to customize his or her room (e.g. Pet Society, Restaurant City Facebook Games)
- By the end of the course, you will be able to create 2d platform or side-scrolling games like Nintendo's Super Mario or Sonic the Hedgehog
- and at the end of this course, you will be able to export some of your games in Android and iOS devices
- Flash Professional CS4 or higher
UPDATE: As this course was created in 2013, Adobe Animate CC is essentially Flash Flash Professional with significant new functionalities. All ActionScript 3 (AS3) codes (for game building) discussed in this course will work in Adobe Animate.
From a beginner level, subscribers of this Actionscript 3 tutorial course will learn ActionScript 3.0 programming--from defining variables to creating functions to handling conditional statements. As they go along through the Actionscript 3 tutorial courses, the knowledge that they have acquired will enable them to create browser-based games in the advanced level. At the last part of the lecture, they will learn how to convert you games into mobile (iOS and android) applications. Additionally, they will also have access to the flash files that were used during the lectures.
The total running time of all the Actionscript 3 tutorial is estimated to by 5 hours. Codes will be explained line by line and you will learn Actionscript 3 concept by concept.
The instructor of this Actionscript 3 tutorial course has been teaching flash, programming, and interactivity design to college students since 2009.
I'm a game developer and multimedia arts instructor with professional experience in desktop and mobile game development. I love conceptualizing gameplay designs emphasizing on user experience and psychology of mobile game patterns. My key strengths include project management, process optimization through the evaluation of new technologies, graphic design, and 3D modeling.
I have also conducted several talks and workshops. Among one of them was at the Pocket Gamer's Connect Conference in London, the biggest mobile games show in Europe, where I conducted a talk about UX in Mobile Game Design.
As a proud professor of game development, my students have successfully landed a job in the game industry GameLoft, Casual Connect, Aarki, Inc., and BoomZap entertainment. My e-courses about game development in Udemy and Youtube have garnered over 1000 students worldwide.