What you'll learn
- Be able to understand the foundation of 2D game including the setup and draw cycle
- Be able to apply new idea to the existing game
- Basic knowledge of web browser
I will show you how to:
draw basic shapes, and make an object move.
draw a bird, make it drop to the ground by simulating the gravity.
make the bird jump, and also make it stop jumping when it is dead.
create moving pipes, and add a collision detection to the pipe.
add a score system, and make it harder.
You can follow me for more game tutorials. Now let’s open the next lesson, and get started!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn coding
- Anyone who loves games and wants to make games
Learning coding languages is 10% studying how stuff works, and 90% doing exercises. I try to make your learning experience as enjoyable as possible. I welcome any suggestions in the message. Thank you for spending your time with me!
Bio: I am a programming Instructor and software developer living in Vancouver, Canada. I started learning coding by making games, and I think you can too.