This Fixed Income Securities course aims to educate the audience with a simple yet effective delivery of basic and advanced concepts of Fixed Income Securities.
The Course is divided into the following 6 sections. 1) Key Features of Fixed Income Securities 2) Types of Issuers of Fixed Income Securities 3) Risks of Fixed Income Securities 4) Bond Pricing and Yield Measures 5) Measuring Interest Rate Risk and finally 6) The Structure of Interest Rates.
At the end of this course the audience will have an excellent understanding of these key concepts. Apart from introducing and explaining the concepts, the course delves into numerous real life examples, illustrates current events pertaining to the fixed income securities market to make it more relevant and intellectually appealing to the audience. Moreover, educating the audience to be an informed investor is our core objective. Even if you are a student, if you invest even a small amount in a Fixed Income ETF or bond as you concurrently study Fixed Income, you will have a much better view of practical applications of the theoretical knowledge gained. Hence, the course periodically also delves into various investment alternatives in the Fixed Income space. Enjoy investing while studying !
Illustrative questions that you will have found answers to at the end of the Course -
1. How large and liquid is the US Treasury market?
2. How does a US Treasury auction actually work? Where should I look for data on US Treasury Auctions?
3. Who are the foreign holders of US Treasuries? How much does China own?
4. What really happened in the US Treasury market in March 2020 and why?
5. How exactly is coupon interest calculated on TIPS?
6. Which Treasury ETF should I buy?
7. What are Collateralised Mortgage Obligations?
8. Why does an MBS sometimes fall in Price when interest rates fall? What is Negative Convexity?
9. How large is the Corporate Bond Market? and what are the most important current trends?
10. What are Leverages Loans and CLOs?
11. How does the loan syndication process exactly work?
12. When I buy a Bond, will i pay the Dirty Price or Clean Price?
13. How exactly is Macaulay Duration calculated?
14. How should I calculate Forward Rates?
..... and may more !