FinOps Certified Practitioner (FOCP) Crash Course
What you'll learn
- Understand why FinOps is a cultural practice and the operating model is the most efficient way for teams to manage their cloud costs.
- Understand the pillars of FinOps and how to implement them in your organization
- Identify the proper tools to use in major cloud providers.
- How cloud spending can drive more revenue, signal customer base growth, enable more product and feature release velocity, or even help shut down a data center.
- Understanding Cloud Usage and Cost Modeling, Cost Allocation and Resource Planning.
- Understand how the organization works to define its pricing model goals, uses historical data to make pricing model adjustments by buying commitment based disco
- No PreRequirements unless running cloud tools
- Participants should have cloud accounts to run and collect data on cloud spending.
Join in on this Full Course that covers in detail the Certification that can get you started with FinOps Transformation quickly.
Taught by an O'Reilly Media and LinkedIn Learning Author, Cloud Expert and owner of TechCommanders - Joe Holbrook
Learn the fundamentals of FinOps and prepare for the Linux Foundation's FinOps Certified Practitioner Exam.
FinOps is a growing niche area of cloud computing that is becoming in demand more than ever! The salary range for a FinOps Practitioner/Professional can be over $120,000 per year in the United States.
The FinOps certification allows individuals in a large variety of cloud, finance and technology roles to validate their FinOps knowledge and enhance their professional credibility.
The FinOps Certified Practitioner course allows individuals in a large variety of cloud, finance and technology roles to validate their FinOps knowledge and enhance their professional credibility. The certification covers FinOps fundamentals and an overview of key concepts in each of the three sections of the FinOps lifecycle: Inform, Optimize and Operate.
The certification is designed for those who plan to hold a position on a FinOps team or support FinOps or cloud financial management, or if you support FinOps teams as consultants, vendors, or trainers. You will develop an understanding of FinOps, its practice areas, and how it’s applied to enhance business value from cloud spend.
You should consider this course if you are any of the following:
Cloud Spend Budget Owner
FinOps practitioner, such as a FinOps Analyst, Director of Cloud Optimization, Manager of Cloud Operations or Cloud Cost Optimization Data Analyst
Principal Systems Engineer, Cloud Architect, Service Delivery Manager, Engineering Manager or Director of Platform Engineering, Senior Enterprise Architect (EA) or EA Leader
Finance and Procurement team member, including Technology Procurement Manager, Global Technology Procurement, Manager Cloud Cost Optimization, Financial Planning and Analyst Manager, and Financial Business Advisor
IT Program and Portfolio Management Leader
Technology leader, such as a Head of Infrastructure, Head of Cloud Center of Excellence, CTO or CIO
Head of IT Finance (CFO of IT, VP/Dir. IT finance) or FP&A professional supporting cloud
Course has the following features.
- Presentation Download
- Whiteboard Discussion
- Demos on Cloud Providers.
- Practice Questions available at additional discounted cost.
Cheatsheet available at techcommanders
Who this course is for:
- CIO/CEO/CTO and other executives that manage companies with cloud computing resources
- Cloud Architects, Cloud Engineers and other technical roles that deploy cloud resources
- Business Unit Leads, Application Stakeholders, etc
- Procurement Specialists
- Anyone wanting to learn FinOps
Joe Holbrook is based out of Jacksonville, Florida and is the owner of TechCommanders. Joe has lived and worked in cities such as Boston, San Jose, San Diego, Washington, DC and Charleston, SC.
Joe is an avid traveler and has been in over 42 countries... He is married with one child. He is a big hockey fan and enjoys a good beach day.
Joseph Holbrook has been in the computer field since 1993 when he was exposed to several HPUX systems on board a US Navy flagship. He has migrated from UNIX world to Storage Area Networking(SAN) and Enterprise Virtualization and Cloud Architecture. He worked for numerous companies like HDS, 3PAR, Brocade, HP, EMC, Northrup Grumman, ViON, Ibasis dot net, Chematch dot com, SAIC, Signature Consultants, Global Knowledge and Dimension Data.
Joe is the author of "Architecting Enterprise Blockchain Solutions" amd several other books.
I wish you much success in your careers!