FinOps at your Organization
- You have a basic understanding of how cloud works
- You know what Infrastructure as a service / IaaS is
- You know what Platform as a service / PaaS is
- You understand how Virtualization works
- And you look after costs, budgeting, forecasting and optimization in your organization or your team
Are you new to Cloud Financial Management or FinOps and have been wondering if it is something for your organization? FinOps is a culture, created to help organizations manage their cloud costs, where everyone takes ownership of their cloud usage supported by best practices, where teams like Cloud Center of Excellence and Finance work together to enable faster delivery, while at the same time gaining more financial and operational control. If your anwers is yes, then this course can help you to understand what FinOps is all about. In this course we will guide you to get a better understanding on the monetary and budgetary difficulties of cloud, how to manage your cloud spend. You will learn how to build a FinOps team. We’ll explain what the capabilities within the FinOps architecture are and how they can be used, why and how it is important to understand your Cloud Bill and how to implement a FinOps Life Cycle in your organization and finally what success should look like giving you guidance and tips how you could let FinOps start working for your organization to maximize the value of cloud!
Insights in this training are derived from FinOps projects instructors have participated in personally, as well as from the FinOps Framework developed by FinOps Foundation. FinOps Foundation is a non-profit organization advancing the discipline of FinOps and cloud financial management through best practices, education and standards. The FinOps Foundation includes 2,700+ individual members, representing more than 1200 companies.
Who this course is for:
- Current and future FinOps Practitioners
- DevOps Engineers looking to understand cost of what they build in the cloud
- Financial Analysts learning a common language to use with the DevOps and Cloud teams
- Cloud Center of Excellence establishing best practices and accountability of cloud use
- SAM and ITAM Practitioners extending their reach into the public cloud
With more than 20 years of experience in telecommunications, software asset management and license optimization, cloud Oleksiy is the FinOps lead of Deloitte Continental Europe (DCE) and focuses on advising organization on cost-effective use of cloud products.
As one of the industry pioneers, Oleksiy is regarded as a go-to expert throughout FinOps / cloud economics / cloud optimization and SAM or licensing in the cloud.
With over 13 years of experience in cloud computing, e-commerce and staffing and recruiting, Sverre has built a track record through successful projects delivered worldwide. Background in recruitment, business consultancy, software and services sales as well as FinOps/cloud asset management and cloud cost management consulting, specialised in implementing and optimising processes within organisations that leverage cloud.