Fingerstyle Guitar - Beginner to Advanced
What you'll learn
- You’ll learn basics such as how to hold the guitar, how to tune your guitar and the names of the strings
- You’ll learn proper right and left hand techniques
- You’ll learn how to finger pick with the right hand, keeping thumb & fingers independent
- You’ll learn how to play basic chords with ease
- You’ll learn how to read tablature
- You'll learn how to read chord diagrams
- You’ll get tips for buying your first guitar
- You’ll get my 11 essential fingerpicking exercises for the right hand
- You’ll learn to play the percussion groove, bass line, chords for “Ain’t No Sunshine.”
- You’ll learn to play a complete solo guitar version of “Silent Night”
- You’ll learn to play an easy fingerstyle blues in the Chet Atkins “boom-chick” Travis thumb picking style
- You’ll learn percussive “groove slap” techniques to enhance your groove
- You’ll learn how to build your own fingerstyle guitar arrangements from the ground up
- You’ll get printable PDF help files for each lesson
- You’ll get downloadable practice play-along videos to make your practice sessions fun and enjoyable
- You’ll have all the tools you need to play solo fingerstyle guitar
- You’ll learn to play 3 awesome solo fingerstyle guitar pieces that you can play for friends and family
- Your hands
- Your guitar
- Plan to practice for 15 minutes a day
- No previous knowledge required, beginners welcome!
Want to learn the basics of fingerstyle guitar quickly and easily?
Start playing fingerstyle guitar in just minutes...
In this course, you will learn the basics of playing fingerstyle guitar. We’ll start at the absolute beginning and go STEP by STEP in a relaxed way so that you get a solid and confident foundation to your playing.
You’ll learn to play great sounding songs on the guitar complete with melody, bass and chords, all at the same time!
And, if you like to sing and play guitar at the same time, these great fingerpicking patterns and techniques will add variety and spice to your guitar playing and singing.
Your friends and family will be amazed when they hear and see your new guitar skills!
After learning the basics in this course you’ll be ready to play fingerstyle guitar, jam with other musicians, and maybe even perform in front of an audience!
What makes me qualified to teach you?
My name is Adam Rafferty and I’ve been playing guitar for 45 years. For the last 13 years I have played thousands of concerts worldwide and my YouTube videos have gotten over 20 million views. I’ve taught thousands of happy students who say things like…
“Adam is a great teacher! He makes you feel like you can really learn and play these songs. He gives you all the tools needed right on his instructional videos. Thank you Adam, for making these great videos to teach all of us who really love music!” - Jeff B
“Thank you, Adam for helping me become a far better and more polished guitar player. I thank you for all your hard work for us to become better guitar players and people. Keep pickin’!” - Jason C
My promise to you.
I am here 100% to support you every step of the way. If you get stuck or have any questions you can send me a direct message or post a question in the course.
I want to make sure that you are getting the absolute best fingerstyle guitar instruction available today. If there’s any way I can improve the course please let me know and I’ll do my best to fulfill your wishes.
What is this fingerstyle guitar course all about?
In this complete beginner’s course, you’ll learn how to play chords, fingerpicking patterns and even play complete songs on the guitar with melody, bass and chords at the same time.
You’ll experience endless joyful hours of making music - playing your favorite songs on guitar.
This course will cover everything you need to know to start playing fingerstyle guitar including:
Proper playing posture
Correct technique for both hands
Reading tablature and chord diagrams
Playing melody bass and chords at the same time
Percussive slap techniques
How to create your own arrangements
By the end of this course, you'll have gained confidence playing fingerstyle picking patterns with basic chords. Additionally, you will be able to play 3 great fingerstyle guitar pieces!
Go ahead and click the enroll button and I’ll see you in Lesson 1!
“If you are ready to take your fingerstyle playing to the next level, then Adam Rafferty’s lessons are for you. The songs are beautifully put together, and taught in bite size pieces that enable one to progress towards learning the entire song. Adam’s teaching style is such that it feels as if he is sitting in the room with you, walking you through the piece. I highly recommend these videos, it’s helped take my playing ability to a higher level.” - Tim S.
Who this course is for:
- Beginners who want to start playing basic guitar and fingerstyle guitar.
- Intermediate players who know chords but want to get started with fingerpicking and fingerstyle.
- Singer songwriters who already know some basic chords and would like to add some fingerpicking to their playing.
- Electric guitar players who want to improve their skills on acoustic guitar
- All you need is a desire to learn, your fingers, a guitar, and about 15 minutes a day practice.
Greetings! It is my pleasure and joy to help YOU become a better guitar player.
My name is Adam and I am a touring fingerstyle guitar player. I've played hundreds of festivals and taught workshops worldwide, and my YouTube guitar channel has over 20 million views.
I've also produced 5 guitar instructional DVDs, 5 solo guitar CDs, written 2 books and been featured in many guitar magazines. I even have my own online fingerstyle guitar academy called "Study With Adam."
I hope you enjoy my courses here - and if you have any questions feel free to just message or email me.