Finger Style Blues Guitar Made Easy
- 8 hours on-demand video
- 14 articles
- 28 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- By the end of this course students will have learned to play 14 attractive solo blues pieces of music covering a wide variety of styles including a 12 Bar Blues, Hokum Blues, Ragtime, Country, a Balllard and several Jazz/Blues songs..
- Before starting out on this course students will need to be comfortable playing basic chords such ss C, C7, G, G7 etc and some experience of fingerpicking. No chords involving full bars are featured. All the music can be played on any classical. acoustic or semi acoustic guitar
It really does not matter if you've never played Blues Guitar before, or what age you are, you just need to be enthusiastic about learning to play.
This Blues course is designed to introduce you to fourteen fingerpicking blues songs, featuring a wide variety of styles and which are great for playing and performing and with no improvisation involved.
Although I designed this course primarily for classical guitarists it is also perfect for guitarists of all styles who have some fingerpicking experience and who are proficient playing basic chords such as G, G7, C, C7 etc.and can be played on any classical, acoustic or semi-acoustic guitar.
No chords involving full bars feature in this course.
Let me take you through the course.
This MISSISSIPPI DELTA BLUES course draws on influences from all the way across the Southern states of the USA, from Texas in the west to the Carolinas in the east, and gets underway with a 12 Bar Blues (Boxcar Blues) followed by 13 more blues songs in a variety of styles including Ragtime, Country, Hokum Blues,a Ballad and three gentle jazz/ blues pieces of music.
My ‘Fingerstyle Blues Made Easy’ course has several aims:
I want you love playing all the pieces you will be studying.
I want to enhance your playing and broaden your repertoire by introducing you to many different styles of Blues music.
And in the case of Classical Guitarists, I take great pleasure in introducing you to a whole new world of music.
I have used my 35 years experience as a guitar teacher to carefully structure this course to ensure that you get the maximum pleasure and satisfaction from your guitar playing adventure.
It is not essential to have developed a good Classical Guitar technique to cope with the right hand Fingerpicking.
You don't even have to read music to take this course. In addition to all the video lessons, every piece of music you will be playing is written out in very easy to understand TAB form as well as standard music notation for those of you who prefer sight read. I've also written helpful notes to complement every video lecture and included invaluable advice on how to best master each piece.
Numerous scientific studies have proved that playing an instrument has huge benefits and enhances general educational learning as well as being incredibly enriching, not only that, but playing the guitar is also a great way for you to make new friends.
I absolutely believe learning has to be fun and I look forward to you joining me on this exciting journey.
- i initially designed this course to introduce the joy of playing fingerstyle blues to classical guitarists, however this course is also perfect for guitarists who play other styes of music.