Fine Art Compositing with Photoshop CC
What you'll learn
- Understand and apply the most powerful Photoshop tool - The Curves
- Create precise selections and modify them
- Work efficiently with Masks
- Combine various elements to create a Collage effect
- Perform Color and Luminosity Adjustments
- Express your own unique artistic vision with the use of presented techniques
- Ideally Photoshop CC, trial free version is more than enough.
- No prior knowledge of Photoshop is necessary, I will explain all the techniques in a simple way
- We will work with high quality images provided as supplementary materials to help you move on even faster!
Welcome to my course “Fine Art Compositing with Photoshop CC”!
This course focuses on creating from scratch a composite artwork inspired by the beauty of Art Nouveau portraits painted at the end of the 19th century. To achieve harmonious result and maintain at the same time the fine art sensibility I have blended a contemporary digital portrait with stylised vintage botanic elements.
We will be working with Photoshop’s most powerful tools such as curves, blend modes and masks. The practice includes creating precise selections, luminosity and color adjustments and gradient light effects. You are totally free to repeat more difficult steps to polish your skills and revisit particular videos to refresh your knowledge when needed.
My aim is to ignite your inspiration by showing that starting with a simple photo you can create a spectacular composite image. Don't limit yourself - use your imagination!
When you join me in the course you will get instant access to a high quality portrait and the vector vintage botanic illustration which we will use as a base during the hands-on part of the course. You will get the original files and final versions with all editable Photoshop layers included.
Working with the supporting materials is an extremely effective way to master Photoshop techniques. They allow you to start the course immediately with no time wasted on research and preparations.
Even if you don’t have experience with Photoshop you will be able to follow me along and starting with simple techniques you will gradually build up your skills.
Join me and let’s together unlock hidden potential in your photographs. See you inside the course!
Who this course is for:
- Take this course if you want to learn in detail powerful and flexible Photoshop techniques to improve your photos
- Take this course if you are an artist and would like to introduce digital techniques in your creative process
- Take this course if you want to learn how to create digital artwork that sells well on image stocks like Sutterstock, iStock, Alamy and others
- Take this course if you want to develop artistic skills in fields of creative photo processing
- Take this course if you love art & photography!
Like you, I’m an artist. I’m passionate about creating personal, meaningful and captivating artwork. I love the freedom of the medium, as it allows - and perhaps encourages - unexpected moments that are both surprising and delightful.
Your vision is unique, and my goal is to assist you on your path to realize your artistic dreams. It’s my mission to support and nourish your talent with the tools necessary to take your photography to the next level. Sharing my experience and helping you develop your visual language helps me evolve as a teacher and enriches me as a human being.
I consider myself extremely lucky to be able to interact with people all over the world who share the same passion as me. It’s honestly my greatest thrill and source of fulfillment to foster the growth and development of the DAC community of photographers.
A born-and-raised Polish girl with a passion for artistic self-expression and adventure, I trained at the Eugeniusz Geppert Academy of Art and Design in Wroclaw, Poland and graduated with a Master of Fine Arts in 2003. Photography has been my medium of choice for 20 years, starting in darkrooms and now, in the digital space. I am a featured photography skills teacher on several prominent online educational platforms and am thrilled that over 70,000 students from 183 countries around the world have joined my courses and developed their photography skills with me. It’s a great honor and delight to be engaged in this work — and it’s the best way I know of to make friends on all seven continents! As you can probably tell, I’m an obsessive learner who spends time watching, reading, photographing, editing, creating and selling educational courses.
Thank you for taking the time to visit. I’m happy we’re connected and I’m excited for the journey ahead.