Yoga Philosophy on Happiness
- 33 mins on-demand video
- 1 article
- 5 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Gain high level understanding of one of the yogic principles called Svadhyaya.
- Have a detailed understanding of how to apply Svadhyaya to their life.
- Recognise that Svadhyaya brings to light our internal belief system.
- Identify how to explore their belief systems.
- Have a clear pathway towards a sense of happiness from within.
- Everyone is able to do this course.
- Completion of lecture exercises through attached worksheets is highly recommended.
Yoga philosophy is traditionally written in the form of sutras. Sutras are threads or lines of wisdom that essentially teach us how to not be controlled by our mind and emotions. There is a belief that when sage Patanjali documented these sutras, he left them open for the interpretation of their teacher; to modify them for the students of their times. This philosophy consists of many principles.
In this course, you will be introduced to one of yogic principle called Svadhyaya, which means 'Self-Study'. You will be able to use this simple, yet profound principle to find your internal happiness. Svadhyaya encourages us to look inwards and analyse our thoughts and our emotions. It helps us identify why we feel the way we do by exposing our internal belief systems.
This course teaches theory and practical exercises that will enable you to turn your unhappiness into happiness.
- Anyone who is interested in self development
- Anyone who is interested in understanding ancient yogic principles
- Anyone wanting to find more happiness for themselves
- Anyone who is interested in learning how yogic principles can be applied to finding internal happiness
This is an introduction to the course. Students will get a high level understanding of what this course is aiming to teach.
This lecture introduces the concept of Happiness. Students will be also be able to understand what happiness means to them in their lives, influenced by who they are. It is essential all students complete the exercise attached as part of this Lecture.
This lecture introduces the yogic principle of Svadhyaya. Students will be able to get an overall understanding of what Svadhyaya teaches and it's link to Happiness.
If you would like to know more about the yoga philosophy - My eBook "Yoga Philosophy Untangled" is now available WORLDWIDE on GOOGLE Play Books, KOBO and KINDLE. This book is also available via worldwide distributors such as booktopia, whsmith, chapters indigo, paperplus, rakuten and walmart to name a few.
My social media handles - Instagram and Facebook: @sankalpa.mbs
Follow my podcast on spotify and castbox. It is titled 'Yogic Wisdom For The Rest Of Us'