Nonprofit Grant Writers: How To Find Foundation Funding
- 42 mins on-demand video
- 14 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Locate appropriate foundations for funding their nonprofit organization
- Use the information to be more successful when writing foundation grants for their nonprofit
- Feel more confident and obtain better results when approaching foundations for money
- Students need to have an interest in writing grants to foundations
- Previous knowledge on grantwriting is very useful but not essential
Foundations are a major source of funding for nonprofit organizations. But you have to be able to find appropriate foundations that are interested in what you have to offer before you can receive any of the billions of dollars they hand out each year. This course prepares you to understand what foundations are and how to find ones that you can successfully apply to for money to assist your nonprofit. Grant writing can only happen after you find an appropriate target for your proposal--this course demonstrates tried and true strategies (using written documents and videos) in a step-by-step manner so you locate foundations to apply to.
The course will take about 1 hour to go through, although to fully implement the techniques will take more time. The information will be useful over and over again as you search for different ideas and programs to fund.
- This course is aimed at people with limited to no experience at finding appropriate foundations to approach for funding their nonprofit
- Intermediate to advanced grantwriters will also find useful information but some information will be things they already know
- This course does NOT teach how to write a grant--it shows you how to locate appropriate foundations to apply to
This video is voiced-over PowerPoint detailing what foundations are . In the resources is a silent animation to remind you what the three types of foundations are. A longer and more complete talking head video is in the resources area (link to YouTube). The same information is included as both a document and a powerpoint presentation (pdfs) in the resources area.
This file provides information about how the Great Recession has impacted the way foundations operate. You need to know this as you plan approaching foundations for funding.
This information is also in the resources area as a PowerPoint and a talking head video.