Secrets to Finding Cheap Flights
- Internet access and a web browser.
Whether you have a specific trip in mind or just want to fit more travel into your busy life and limited budget, this course will provide detailed instructions for finding and booking the best flight deals for your trip.
We will start off with easy tips and tools that you can put to use immediately to cut the cost of your airfare. After that, we will dive deeper into the technical components of airfare pricing, decode the terminology, and apply this knowledge to real-life scenarios.
Detailed screencasts with step-by-step instructions to specific scenarios will provide a template for you to apply to your specific trip idea. I will even uncover some controversial techniques that airlines don't want you to know, and the possible pitfalls of these techniques.
No prior knowledge is needed to begin this course, and after completion, you will know more than many travel and airline agents! But be careful - after applying these strategies and sharing your results with friends and family, they may demand your help!
- Anyone interested in saving money on their next flight.
- Welcome to the course!04:44
- General guidelines for finding the best price1 page
- When to buy your ticket04:48
- Finding the best price with fixed dates and destination flexibility03:33
- Finding the best price for a specific destination and flexible dates03:24
- Flexible date search using ITA Matrix02:17
- Finding great deals when you're completely flexible01:21
- Section 1 Wrap up00:48
- Section 1 Quiz6 questions
- The components of your ticket01:46
- Terminology defined02:59
- Constructing a flight from the components06:56
- Finding, reading, and understanding the fare rules07:37
- Las Vegas - Dallas example04:00
- Maximizing transfers for a European Tour04:43
- How to book a stopover04:24
I was bitten by the travel bug in 2008 when I made a resolution to visit a new place each month. After that, I decided to quit my job and move to New Zealand for 6 months in 2009. Upon returning, I started researching how to reduce the cost of my biggest travel expense: airfare. I studied, experimented, and participated in numerous online forums, and became the flight expert for my family and friends. To share my knowledge, I started an airfare deals blog for where I live, and I've created this course to show you how to creatively find great deals on airfare.
Last year alone, I flew over 60,000 miles to seven countries, on 44 flights, for a grand total of $1,274.82. This course will show you how to get results just like that.