Find Your Creative Voice While Communing with God
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 41 articles
- 2 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Explore Creativity as a means to connect with God
- Integrate your Creativity and your Spiritual Life more deeply
- Pinpoint the way in which you feel connected to God through embracing your creative outlets
- Having a deeper understanding of mixed media art as an outlet for your creative ideas
- Become acquainted with new techniques to enhance your creative practice
- You will need to have art supplies on hand like acrylic and watercolor paints, brushes, and various household items
- a table to sit at and access to water, scissors, scapbook paper and odds and ends of fabric
- pen and journal to write your thoughts as you go through the course and answer the questions that are offered for reflection at the end of each lecture
This is my hope for you. That as you journey through these next 5 weeks, you will have a sense of how GOD has gifted you with a creativity that is uniquely yours. Maybe you ALREADY have a sense of where you thrive creatively. This may be an opportunity to incorporate this section of your life into your spiritual practice. This may be a time to try a new creative medium. Whatever place you find yourself, remember during this point in time you will journey through this course as YOU NEED TO.
You will hear from me and from 5 other Christian creatives about their discovery of their creative voices and the stops and starts they have experienced in the process.
You will have a chance to journal about your creativity life and your spiritual life through linger questions offered at the end of each section.
You will also receive 6 30 minute video tutorials that are geared toward the topics for each week. You can choose to create these projects or work on any project you are interested in, allowing this course to inspire you to complete it. These videos give you step by step instructions to create using easy to find materials.
I have also included inspiring videos to enhance this experience included with each day's questions.
A little more about me:
My name is Robin Norgren and I am creative. Guess what? You are creative too though you may have some hesitation calling yourself creative. Maybe someone else in your family or your group of friends is considered the 'creative' one. This course will help you not only expand your idea of how to define someone as creative but also convince that YOU are creative.
Maybe you already acknowledge that you are creative but you are unsure how to integrate creativity as a spiritual practice. This course will help you to do that. I take my story as a self proclaimed 'noncreative' and let you in on how God fully CONVINCED me that not only did I have a creative voice but that it could be utilized as a tool of healing and comfort not only of my past but in times of need in my present and future. AND also a source of encouragement and strength for those around me.
Why is this subject an important one?
I believe that we each have a set of challenges and struggles in our lives that there it no getting away from. Maybe you were fortunate in that you did not experience childhood trauma. If however, you did go through such pain, maybe you tried the conventional route of counseling and found some healing but maybe there are DEEP down parts of the scars that you simply can't get to with talk therapy. This is where creativity can come in like a healing balm and reach you, change you, perhaps HEAL you in ways you never imagined.
Perhaps you are experiencing pain right now or anxiety or extreme stress that you cannot articulate but you know you need to work through. I have found that creativity may just be the healing balm you are looking for. Not only will it help you to gain tranquility within, but it might possibly clear the path for you to gain clarity on your situation.
Who is this course for?
You should take this course if you are looking specifically to explore your Creativity as a Christian spiritual practice. Are you ready to walk with God through these beautiful creative outlets?
You should take this course if you understand your creative life as a spiritual one and want to experience creativity projects where the instructor speaks freely and her walk with God and her relationship with Jesus Christ as she creates.
You should take this course if you are looking for a bible study or devotional that infuses creativity into the study.
You should take this course if you are just learning or need a refresher on how to listen to your creative voice and would like a Creativity Facilitator to walk alongside you.
At the end of this course, you will deepen your relationship with God and gain a love of the creative process as a spiritual discipline.
- those who are ready to start finding their creative voice
- those who have a creative outlet already or have an idea of an avenue they would like to explore creatively.
- those who can commit some time (this course is structured to complete in 5 weeks) to exploring more deeply their creative processes as an act of worship/spiritual connection
We will talk about the way we define success and the difference between success and fulfillment
This is the video that shows you how to create a project on wood