Financial Statements Analysis: Apple vs Microsoft
What you'll learn
- Analysis of Apple & Microsoft’s Financial Statements
- Understand key Financial Information including Segments Analysis
- Financial Statement Ratios - Profitability, Valuation, Liquidity & Capital Structure Ratios
What you’ll learn
• Analysis of Apple & Microsoft’s Financial Statements
• Understand key Financial Information including Segments Analysis
• Financial Statement Ratios - Profitability, Valuation, Liquidity & Capital Structure Ratios
What Makes this Course Different?
1) Interesting & fun with ‘Real Life Examples’
We will analyze the financial information from Apple & Microsoft’s Financial Statements
2) ‘Scorecard Comparison’
We will maintain a ‘Scorecard’ to compare Apple and Microsoft throughout our Analysis
'3) ‘Gain Insights’
We will ‘Gain Insights’ into the Financial Performance of Apple versus Microsoft
In this course, we will focus on the following Key Areas:
A) Financial Statement Analysis:
• Income Statements
• Balance Sheets
• Cash Flows
B) Financial Information
• Excerpts from Apple and Microsoft’s Financial Statements
• Segments Analysis
C) Financial Statement Ratios:
• Liquidity & Capital Structure
In this course, we will go through the following lectures together:
• Stock Performance – Apple vs Microsoft
• Income Statement
• Trending Analysis – Revenues, Operating Income & Net Income
• Apple Segments – Product, Service Type
• Apple Segments – Geographic Regions
• Microsoft Segments – Product & Service Types
• Balance Sheet
• Trending Analysis – Total Assets, Total Liabilities & Total Equity
• Profitability Ratios - Gross Margin Ratio, Net Profit Margin Ratio, Return on Assets and Return on Equity
• Valuation Ratios - Price Earnings Ratio, Basic Earnings Per Share (“EPS”) and Diluted EPS
• Liquidity Ratios & Capital Structure Ratios - Current Ratio, Cash Ratio and Debt to Equity Ratio
• Cash Flows & Dividend Yield – Operating, Investing & Financing Activities
Who this course is for:
- Students – Business, Accounting, Finance & Commerce students
- Professionals - Analysts, Accountants & Managers
- Investors & Lifelong Learners – Those interested in understanding Apple & Microsoft’s financial performance
Aubrey Apolinario is currently the Director of Strategy, Planning & Analytics at Fiera Real Estate - CORE Fund. Fiera Real Estate is a leading investment management company which globally manages approximately $6 billion (USD) of commercial real estate through a range of investment funds and accounts. Fiera Real Estate is wholly owned by Fiera Capital Corporation, a leading multi-product investment-management firm with approximately $140 billion (USD) of Assets Under Management (AUM).
Prior to his current role, Aubrey was the Director of Finance & Accounting (previously Director of Fund & Asset Management Finance) at Manulife Investment Management's private markets group, with a primary focus on the third party real estate mandate with AUM of approximately $8 billion. Manulife Investment Management is the asset management arm of Manulife Financial Corporation (TSX: MFC), a publicly traded global financial institution.
Aubrey worked as the Director of Financial Reporting at Dream Office REIT (TSX: D.UN) where he managed the corporate accounting team. Dream Office REIT is a publicly traded company which at the time, was the largest pure play office REIT in Canada with approximately $7 billion of assets and over 180 office properties.
Aubrey began his career at Ernst & Young LLP (“EY”), where he obtained his Chartered Accountant designation and was part of the Assurance practice where he specialized in real estate clients. EY is a Big 4 Accounting Firm and is a Global leader in Assurance, Tax, Transaction and Advisory services.
Aubrey graduated with Distinction from the University of Toronto in 2005, while specializing in the Commerce & Finance program. A fun fact is that Aubrey's Facet 5 personality trait is a "Coach," which is why he was naturally drawn to sharing his knowledge, insights and becoming an instructor on Udemy.