Accounting 101: How to read an Accounting Balance Sheet
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 16 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- By the end of this course you will understand the three financial statements, and the difference between them.
- You will be able to read and understand the numbers on any annual report and/or balance sheets.
- You will also be able to make preliminary assessments of whether a business is doing well or not, based on the financial statements
- Open mind and time to go through the entire course
- You should not be shy to ask any questions/doubts on the discussion board.
Leela Krishna Says: ★★★★★
"...If you are serious about learning the RIGHT things about FINANCIAL STATEMENTS, I would strongly recommend this course. The instructor is very knowledgeable and explained the concepts with great clarity using examples for easy understanding..."
Marvin Says: ★★★★★
"...So glad I found it here. Wooaahh. Numbers not that hard anymore!!! How I wish I had seen this lecture before. More than worth a penny!!!....
Adam Says: ★★★★★
"This course makes you a finance literate! Fantastic coverage of financial statements and key aspects of financial management. Recommended."
Millions of people around the world, just like you and me are somehow involved in reading financial numbers.
Be it your business, your personal finance or your savings, understanding finance is now an essential pre-requisite for business survival and informed decision making.
Interestingly, the single biggest skill in life that could make or break your financial success is not taught in school.
Many entrepreneurs run businesses without having a clue on how to read a balance sheet. Business owners are and continue to remain dangerously ignorant of their numbers and the tax laws.
- A recent study showed that 55% of small business owners did not review their monthly balance sheets, because they did not understand them.
- Another survey finds that 83% of small businesses face a serious financial literacy gap.
- The survey also found that the single reason why most small businesses didn't succeed was the lack of financial literacy skills needed to navigate the obstacles.
This course reveals exactly how you overcome these issues by following the simple steps and tips we give in this course!
There really is nothing more to do!
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the business section of any newspaper or magazine, if you don't do so already.
- Understand the three main financial statements, viz. Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Cash flow and how they are different from each other.
- Read these financial reports and interpret what the numbers really mean.
- Throw questions on your financial reports that your accountant has never been asked before!
Just follow the simple steps and tips that we reveal.
The course will continue to grow and grow with new materials, new examples and new case studies being added every week!
About this course:
- Step-by-Step approach to reading financial statements
- Downloadable case studies and material
- Full lifetime access to this course and course material
- FREE access to me by e-mail for any questions or concerns
- Unconditional 30 day money back guarantee by Udemy
So, why are you waiting? Join me in learning how financial statements are made and what they mean!
Remember, for every minute that you are waiting, somebody else is getting ahead of you!
- People who know very little on accounting and finance and would like to learn more;
- Managers or entrepreneurs and they regularly receive financial information but are not able to make sense of the numbers
- People who have invested money in businesses or stocks and are not sure how the business is performing financially
Financial Statements 101 - Lesson 2: Some Basic Concepts
In this lesson, we look into a few basic accounting concepts that are essential for us to understand financial statements. We look into:
1. Revenue vs Sales
2. Profit vs Income
3. Costs vs Expenses
4. Profits vs Cash
Financial Statements 101 - Lesson 5: Introduction to Financial Statements
In this lesson, we understand what financial statements are, why they are prepared, and how they are different from each other.
Financial Statements 101 - Lesson 6: Accounting Equation
In this lesson, we look at the accounting equation. Understanding of the accounting equation is very crucial in order to get a full picture of the financial statements. In simple terms, accounting equation states that:
Assets = Liabilities + Equity