Financial Planning For Long-Term Care
- Web Browser with Internet Access
Planning ahead for long-term care needs will mitigate the financial burden on families. Understand the types of care, the cost and considerations when deciding on a suitable and affordable long-term care plan. Find out what are the government schemes and criteria to qualify for government support.
There are 3 parts to this module:
What is long term care and what are the care options available.
What is the fee range of these care services and how do the subsidises work?
What sources of funds are there to finance long term care? How do the government schemes and insurance work? What other private insurance can be considered? Who will manage our finances should we lose mental capacity?
Who this course is for:
- Those in Singapore who are concerned with financial planning for loved ones who require long-term care
- Those who want to find out more about government grants for long-term care.
- Those who want to find out about the Lasting Power of Attorney in Singapore.
- Those who want to find out about Singapore's ElderShield and CareShield
- 02:31Rising Healthcare Costs
The Institute for Financial Literacy is a collaboration between MoneySense and Singapore Polytechnic Enterprise.
Our financial education courses cover basic money management, financial planning and investment know-how.