Financial Planning & Analysis: Building a Company's Budget
What you'll learn
- Prepare a Company's Budget from Scratch
- Learn to differentiate between Top-Down and Bottom-up Techniques
- Prepare the Revenue Budget of a Company
- Project a Company's Planned Level of Production
- Calculate Net Cash Flow
- Project Various Types of Expenditures
- Estimate Working Capital Needs
- Carry out a Fixed Asset Rollforward
- Build an Integrated Financial Model
- Learn to Build Financial Statements in Excel
- Absolutely no experience is required. We start from the basics and gradually build up your knowledge. Everything is in the course.
- You will need Microsoft Excel 2010, 2013, or 2016
Looking to boost your income as a financial analyst?
Looking to acquire valuable skills that will set you aside from the competition?
You’ve come to the right place!
Financial Planning & Analysis: Building a Company’s Budget from Scratch guides you through the core principles of financial planning and helps you understand how a company prepares a budget. The video lessons touch on several technical topics such as revenue forecasting, cost planning, working capital development, fixed assets roll-forward, and cash flow calculation. Besides that, we will discuss why firms need budgets, which are the financial statements that a company uses to create its budget, what types of budgets are there, which are the main techniques used in financial planning, who is involved in the preparation of a budget, and who is interested in the final numbers that are signed-off in the budget. Specializing in these topics will turn you into a valuable, indispensable member of any company’s Finance team.
Antoniya is a Finance Manager with more than 10 years of experience in FP&A teams. She is the right teacher for you because she understands how to explain a complicated topic in an easy to comprehend way. She is passionate about teaching and happy to answer your questions.
This course shows it all, with no steps skipped. The lessons are easy, time-efficient, and well structured. We have used a number of teaching methods! Video lectures, Theory, Real business Examples, Animations, Quiz Questions, Case Studies, a Course Challenge ... you name it!
Why should you learn about FP&A and Budgeting?
One of the most important activities in Corporate Finance
A key topic in interviews, especially when hiring people with a few years of experience
Budgeting is great for networking – you communicate with some of the most important individuals within a company
Salary. FP&A specialists enjoy a very well-paid career
Promotions. Financial Planning Analysts acquire valuable technical skills and are well-known throughout the organization, which makes them the leading candidates for senior roles
Growth. Forecasting what will occur in the future is always interesting and full of surprises
Here comes the fun part!
We have a challenge for you! After each major block you have covered, you will be asked to solve a challenge. You will:
Predict a company’s sales
Create a budget for the costs that will support the expected level of sales
Work on a Production Budget
Calculate expected Net Cash Flows
Prepare a budgeted Income Statement and Balance Sheet
Sounds interesting, right?
At the end of the challenge, you will send us the work that you’ve done, and we will send back personalized feedback to you. This makes for an interactive student experience that optimizes what you will learn from the course.
The students who complete the task will participate in our monthly Amazon Gift Card lottery with the chance of winning a $10 gift card, rewarding them for their engagement.
What makes this course different from the rest of the Finance courses that are out there?
High quality of production – Full HD video and animations (This isn’t a collection of boring lectures!)
Knowledgeable instructor (experience working for companies like 3M and Coca-Cola)
Specialized training – the only course that covers this topic on Udemy
Extensive Case Studies that will help you reinforce everything you’ve learned
Course Challenge: Solve our Course Challenge and make this course an interactive experience
Excellent support: If you don’t understand a concept, or you simply want to drop us a line, you’ll receive an answer within 1 business day
Dynamic: We don’t want to waste your time! The instructor keeps up a very good pace throughout the whole course.
Please don’t forget that the course comes with Udemy’s 30-day, unconditional money-back-in-full guarantee. And why not give such a guarantee, when we are convinced that the course will provide a ton of value for you?
Click the 'Buy now' button to get access to the course and boost your career!
Who this course is for:
- People Who Want a Successful Career in Finance
- Anyone Who Wants to Learn How to Create a Corporate Budget
- People who are ambitious and want to learn faster than their peers
365 Careers is the #1 best-selling provider of business, finance, and data science courses on Udemy. The company’s courses have been taken by more than 2,500,000 students in 210 countries. People working at world-class firms like Apple, PayPal, and Citibank have completed 365 Careers trainings.
Currently, 365 focuses on the following topics on Udemy: 1) Finance – Finance fundamentals, Financial modeling in Excel, Valuation, Accounting, Capital budgeting, Financial statement analysis (FSA), Investment banking (IB), Leveraged buyout (LBO), Financial planning and analysis (FP&A), Corporate budgeting, applying Python for Finance, Tesla valuation case study, CFA, ACCA, and CPA
2) Data science – Statistics, Mathematics, Probability, SQL, Python programming, Python for Finance, Business Intelligence, R, Machine Learning, TensorFlow, Tableau, the integration of SQL and Tableau, the integration of SQL, Python, Tableau, Power BI, Credit Risk Modeling, and Credit Analytics, Data literacy, Product Management, Pandas, Numpy, Python Programming, Data Strategy
3) Entrepreneurship – Business Strategy, Management and HR Management, Marketing, Decision Making, Negotiation, and Persuasion, Tesla's Strategy and Marketing
4) Office productivity – Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Outlook
5) Blockchain for Business
All of our courses are:
- Real-life tested
By choosing 365 Careers, you make sure you will learn from proven experts, who have a passion for teaching, and can take you from beginner to pro in the shortest possible amount of time.
If you want to become a financial analyst, a data scientist, a business analyst, a data analyst, a business intelligence analyst, a business executive, a finance manager, an FP&A analyst, an investment banker, or an entrepreneur
365 Careers’ courses are the perfect place to start.