Financial Modelling for Mining Companies - Masterclass
- Have a basic functional knowledge of Microsoft Excel, and be comfortable with working with basic formulas
Financial modelling is the most important tool in a company’s decision-making arsenal. This course is specifically designed to provide dealmakers, analysts and other financing professionals with the tools they would require in order to analyze any mining financial model, and prepare powerful summarization outputs upon which decisions would be made.
The "Financial Modelling for Mining Companies - Masterclass" course is the first part of the more comprehensive "Financial Modelling for Mining Companies - Novice to Expert" course. It is ideal for fast-tracking industry professionals in their career path - teaching them to analyze existing client models and also create their own models for various applications. The material is well suited to middle-office and front-office professionals, teaching them to assess the risks of funding mining opportunities. This masterclass can be enrolled in for free, before delving into the deeper “Novice to Expert”.
By the end of the course you will be able to effectively construct a financial model that describes the process flow of your mining business, from raw material extraction, all the way until net profit after tax. You will learn how to itemize all cost and revenue drivers, model tax, working capital, and debt funding.
The concepts taught are based on years of investment banking experience, and billions of dollars worth of project financing deals in multiple jurisdictions.
Students would need to download the ABC Mining Financial Model (provided for free) in order to participate in the course.
I look forward to engaging with you as the course progresses!
Who this course is for:
- Beginner to intermediate level professionals looking to understand the principles behind structuring finance solutions for raising debt finance
- Beginner investment bankers looking to accelerate their growth in the field of investment banking project finance;
- Employees of mining companies wishing to broaden their knowledge of raising debt funding for their companies;
- Mining professionals with chemical or engineering training, wishing to expand their knowledge into the disciplines of raising funding and debt finance in particular;
I am passionate about coaching and training.
My services include consulting and training in the areas of risk assessment, financial modelling, deal appraisal, and financial structuring for debt and equity transactions.
I previously worked as an investment banker where I was involved in the structuring of multi-million dollar transactions, developing pricing models, managing investment-related risks, preparing client pitches and successfully closing deals.
I have concluded corporate debt financing, advisory, as well as project financing transactions. My areas of expertise include:
· Presentation of sales pitches, advisory mandates, and information memorandums (both the preparation and presentation thereof);
· Deal pricing (structuring pricing and deal terms for credit and capital considerations);
· Preparing of term sheets and deal structuring;
· Credit analysis;
· Financial modelling and debt capacity calculations;
· Legal documentation and review;
Prior to investment banking, I worked as a training facilitator for a small business incubator program, taught A-level Economics, Statistics and Mathematics, and also authored a mathematics textbook for distance learning students across Southern Africa.
I hold a Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science and an Honours degree in Advanced Mathematics of Finance. My Areas of study included:
· South African Financial Markets
· Introduction to Derivative Securities
· Stochastic Calculus
· Risk Theory
· Numerical Methods
· Differential Equations
· Swaps and Exotic Options
· Interest Rate Options
· Portfolio Optimization