Financial Modelling in Excel Step by Step
What you'll learn
- What is a Financial Model
- General steps to create a Financial Model
- Perform historical analysis
- Understand projection parameters
- How to forecase Revenue, Exp, Dep, WC, Debt, Share & Equity, CapEx
- Understand the flow of Financial Model
- You need to a basic understanding of Excel & Financial Statement
- This course is good for CA, CFA, MBA Finance and other Finance students
In simple words, financial modelling is the process to forecast the financial statements including IS, BS, CFS. The output of financial modelling is called a financial model.
A standard financial model will include Historical & projected financial statements along with various schedules and assumptions.
Financial Modelling is perceived that only some highly experienced people with high level of practical knowledge in Finance & Excel can work on a financial model.
But very soon, you will find that financial modelling is not that tough but it is a highly demanded skill in Investment banking, equity research, credit research or any other main stream finance.
It is unfortunate that most of the Finance students don’t even know what is Financial modelling & valuations and just because of lack of skills like this, finance students end up getting some marketing or accounting profiles.
An integrated financial model is a powerful tool that not only helps us to understand and analyze a company's historical financial performance but also helps to build realistic projection for future.
In this short training, the objective is to understand where the model will start and where the model will end. What are the various schedules that we have to prepare and what are the assumptions we have to take and what are key elements we have to consider before we take the assumptions?
In this training, we will start from scratch and gradually build on the complete Financial model for a sample case study.
1. We will understand how to calculate historical IS & BS
2. How to analyze historical based on projection arameters
3. How to prepare various schedules for Dep, WC, Debt, Equity and others.
Who this course is for:
- Any one who wants to get into main stream Finance Profile
- Advised specificlly to all MBA Finance, CA, Mcom, CFAs
I am Manoj Kumar. I am an MBA (Finance) from ICFAI and CFA level 3 candidate from CFA Institute, USA. I am running Investment Banking Institute, New Delhi. I teach Adv Excel, VBA, Dashboards, Financial Modeling, Valuations & M&A. I have been into consulting in Project Finance before moving to training.
Areas of Training: Excel, VBA,Dashboard Designing,Financial Modeling, Valuation & M&A Have trained in WNS, Global Energy, Intec Capital, Creative Web Mobi, ICOFP, GNIM etc Conducted more than 150 open workshops and trained more than 2500 participants Developed Video based Training courses on Various SubectsMy passion for training led me to start the IB Institute in New Delhi, India. I have two years of rich experience in the fields of Investment Banking, Corporate Valuation, Equity Research and Consulting for Project appraisal.
I have conducted more then 150 workshops for various colleges and corporate houses. I am Certified Excel Specialist and Trainer from Microsoft.