Financial Modeling for Corporates
What you'll learn
- Build a three-statement, quarterly financial model
- Master Excel and breeze through financial model building
- Learn Enterprise Value, Equity Value & Terminal Value
- Access to training which retails for >$4000 in person
- Learn financial analysis ratios (ICR, Debt/Equity etc)
- Build a scenario manager and data table to run sensitivities
- Design beautiful charts to tell the financial story
- Walk into a finance job and be a financial modeling rockstar from day one
- Microsoft Excel 2010, Microsoft Excel 2013, Microsoft Excel 2016, Microsoft Excel 2019
- Basic knowledge of Excel core functionality
Thank you so much for your interest in Financial Modeling for Corporates
I've been working closely with investment professionals, students, and financiers to unlock their deals... so that financial modeling is finally the "solution" they hoped for, and no longer a confusing, lengthy and stressful exercise.
Here are a few of the things you’ll end up with
- The .xlsx template that model building professionals use and jealously guard
- A step by step breakdown of EXACTLY what to do at each step to build a best practice financial model
- A company valuation and a beautifully constructed summary page
- Literally hundreds of hours saved in figuring out how to do it yourself
Here’s how it’ll work
In over 6 hours of video’s I’ll walk you through
- Overview behind financial modeling and understanding different types of models, sources of complexity so that you can apply these skills to any model in the future
- A shoe business case study to build up a financial model basically from scratch (minus some preformatting and labels to save you time)
- EVERY module you’ll ever need: The Revenue, Expenses, Capex, Depreciation, Tax, Cashflow Statement, Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Summary Sheet... the list goes on
“The gold standard” Corporate template model
Get the .xlsx file that gives you a chance to play with a business, modeled on a real shoe business.
Building a financial model is not just a tick box exercise. It is a system for thinking through major decisions and helping you better understand a business.
Building a best practice model is about 50 different things done well. It doesn’t matter if you’re the worlds smartest person, you’ll never figure it out on your own.
Why you should create a financial model for a corporate? A well-built financial model can help you to
1. Value a company or an asset for an M&A transaction
2. Plan for cash surpluses or shortages (ahem…call your bank!)
3. Run scenarios to inform Corporate Strategy
4. Test your assumptions
5. Much much more…
What will I be able to do after taking your course?
You’ll be able to build a gold standard best practice model that will serve a range of functions… follow the courses, do the material, and you’ll be able to knock the socks off recruiters, VP’s and your bosses in the following industries
- Corporate Finance
- Private Equity
- Equity Analysis
- Financial Planning & Analysis
- Investment Banking
Why learn from me?
Over the last 6 years, I’ve trained over one hundred live financial modeling courses, each course a full 2-3 days. To an audience of Wall St bankers, London Corporates, Dubai Private Equity Funds… and a mix in Saudi Arabia, Tanzania, Australia, New Zealand, Switzerland… the list goes on. I know the issues my students experience, and I know where people get stuck. Every problem that you have – chances are I’ve seen it many many times. My passion is teaching people useful skills in as short a time as possible. I’m here to help you along the way.
When I wasn’t training, I built models in that time, recently for a Californian Green Energy fund with over $2bn invested, the World Bank, and ran debt and equity processes. Trust me – it’s a lot easier to run every different combination and permutation of numbers when the model is well built!
The $2500 live courses I taught covered a fraction of the material I’m covering here – simply because you can’t fit this much learning into two days.
What if I don't have any finance or Excel background?
Most people spend years trying to figure out how to fit a model together. Most never figure it out.
With this blueprint template that helped me to put together hundreds of financial models, combined with extensive videos, you'll cut years off the learning curve too. Everything that you will need to do to build a model from scratch – I will demo for you, talk you through, explain, and even have pop-ups on the screen that you wouldn’t get in a live course. Financial modeling becomes a lot more fun when you have this.
I want to do a live course; how do I do that?
Live courses are great, you get the a added benefit of rubbing shoulders with likeminded people. You don’t, however, get the benefit of doing them again and again like an online course, with all the additional detail that comes along.
I’m not currently running live courses, but I can recommend former colleagues etc who run great live courses. Email me if you’re interested.
Why a shoe business case study?
The case study models the North American arm of a (real) industry-leading shoe business. Why? Everyone knows shoes – it’s not super complex to understand. Additionally, it's a relatively stable industry.
How does this translate to other financial modeling uses (project finance, start-ups)
70-80% of a well-built model has the same functionality. This doesn’t cover project finance specific metrics, funding structures etc. This is geared to cover a corporate which is a stable business.
OK, so how do I get a spot?
Click the "Buy Now" button at the side of this page to get started with me now.
The sooner you get in, the sooner you start figuring out financial modeling and learning a skill set which will last you a lifetime.
With a whole lot of excitement for you,
P.S. If you’re on the fence
May I make a suggestion?
Don't make a decision now. Put the template to the test and try it for 30 days. Go through the model and have a play with it. Go through the videos to understand how the jigsaw of the underlying business fits together.
Feel what it feels like to have a done-for-you model at your fingertips.
See what it looks like when everything comes together in one model
Get used to crystal clear explanations.
If after 30 days it isn't everything I've promised and more, let me know and Udemy will refund every penny.
Who this course is for:
- Students and graduates who aspire to become bankers, financial advisory professionals, and serve in FP&A, CFO functions
- Business and finance practitioners who want to get the most out of Excel and level up their Financial Modeling skills
Hi, I’m Kyle Chaning-Pearce. Thanks for checking out my course.
I’m the Founder and Director of Finmodo, a training company helping people to learn the financial modeling skillset as quickly as possible. Clients range from investment banks and corporates to institutions like the World Bank.
Splitting time between NYC and London, I also am the Co-Founder of Maxwell, a start-up building the private members club as a system, combining real estate, tech + community building to build the HQ of people’s social lives.
Prior to Finmodo & Maxwell, I worked as the head of training for a global accounting firm (Mazars) and formerly a specialist financial modeling company (Corality), in London, NYC and Sydney. My recent background is developing financial models in project finance, corporate finance and for startups.
Hope you enjoy my course!