Financial Model Basics: Build a model from start to finish
What you'll learn
- Create accurate and well designed financial models
- Understand important Excel formulas for financial models
- Appreciate the importance of structure and style in building a model
- You need Microsoft Excel, preferably Excel 2013
Over 5000 students enrolled!
Aims and audience:
Financial Model Basics teaches you how to create a basic financial model, from start to finish. The course is targeted at business managers, finance professionals or business students who need to forecast the finances of a business.
We start with the benefits of modelling and the structure to be followed. I then take you through analysing historical data, defining key ratios and building the first sheet - the input sheet. Then we move on to calculations and the output sheets. Finally we look at analysis and sensitivity tables. By the end of the course, you will be able to build a basic financial model.
Format and materials:
All of the lessons are videos in which I talk you through each step of building the financial model. In addition, I give you Excel files in each lesson, so you can download the files and work on the spreadsheets yourself. I also give you PDF or PowerPoint files that contain lesson notes.
-Basic Excel skills
-Basic understanding of financial concepts (eg gross profit, variable costs)
Who this course is for:
- This course is designed for business students (eg MBA, Finance, Accounting, Business Management) who understand the basic financial concepts eg income & expenditure, asset & liability
- The course is designed for business managers, business owners and financial professionals who would like to build models to forecast business performance
- The course assumes a basic knowledge of Excel. I will explain all formulas and calculations, but you need to understand the basics of using Excel first.
My name is Andrew and I'm originally from South Africa. I have a two degrees in Accounting and Business Management and I qualified as a Chartered Accountant. I gained extensive experience as a CFO and Financial Manager in several industries from manufacturing to diamond mining to fashion clothing. I have always enjoyed Excel and financial modelling, and honed my skills at companies listed in New York and London. I have several courses on Udemy and enjoy sharing my skills with others..