Personal Finance: Fundamentals masterclass to secure future
What you'll learn
- Building a necessity based decision framework for personal finance
- Estimate the balance between loans, income, saving and investment based on 3-5 year horizon.
- Differentiate between the noise and information in financial advice and advertisements reaching them.
- A foundation to build concrete Plan A and Plan B for next five years without relying on any ponzy schemes.
- A solid decision framework to identify the need for an expert and reaching out to them after thorough research and specific questions.
- Awareness about daily finance operations is enough.
- Curious to learn more about finance to protect assets
- Willing to take control of financial decisions
- No special understanding of financial instruments is needed.
- Not looking for quick get rich schemes
Personal finance at heart is managing income, investment, insurance, and loans. Economy and finance are often discussed in the news but rarely from the perspective of an individual's student debt, home mortgage, or stock portfolio. Converting all the marketing words to knowledge is frustrating, leading to short-term decision-making.
Personal finance is about knowledge of diverse instruments like gold, cryptocurrencies, and real estate, as well as fundamentals like inflation, debt, and banking.
The main objective of this course is to create awareness about the bigger picture of the finance ecosystem. The massive diversity in regulations across countries and the financial goals of individuals makes it impossible to come up with one solution that will work for all. Hence, understanding the basics will provide a solid personal finance decision-making framework for the rest of your life.
The course uses real-life financial decisions based on my experiences from three recessions across two countries (US and India).
Some of the questions the course helps in answering
Are ESOPs the best way to get rich?
Who needs life insurance?
Why care about medical insurance?
How is inflation affecting my expenses?
What is the role of economy and finance in daily life?
How loans are interrelated?
How do banks work as a business?
Who prints the currency notes?
How does the government get its income?
Check out the course preview for more!
As a student, a framework to understand the financial factor that will allow shaping your career.
As an early-stage professional, a sound argument is to start building moats to increase the risk-taking capacity to pursue dreams.
As a sole breadwinner, a set of tools one could use to amplify their capacity without burning out.
For all, personal finance is a duty, not a choice.
Ability to ask relevant questions based on your current responsibilities at your stage of life.
What doesn't the course offer?
The course does not promote any specific investment advice or product promotion.
The course does not recommend any foolproof solution to any personal finance-related problem.
The course does not provide any stock or trading-related advice.
Course Updates Log
08/2022: Total course revamps with high-resolution content and additional downloadable resources.
05/2022: Audio quality fixes.
03/2022: Subtitle fixes.
Who this course is for:
- Students looking forward to complete degree and start earning or planning to get higher education
- Early stage professionals understanding investments and taxes
- People from third world countries planning to build a robust future.
- Graduates trying to figure out ESOPs
- People planning to start family or get married in near future
- People planning to buy a car, home or take an expensive vacation
- Anyone interested in fundamental entities involved that affect personal finance
I am a programmer with an MS in Electrical Engineering and 16+ years of experience in the software industry. I have held roles of principal engineer across multiple organizations, building products that serve billions.
I have designed and implemented software solutions for Digital Cinema Distribution, Distributed Systems, Embedded Systems, Map Making, Insurance, Email Servers, and Data acquisition systems for a problem in the Astrophysics domain (master's thesis).
The course(s) will help you in answering the following questions that dictate your priorities in life,
WHY are you pursuing your current profession?
How long do you WANT to pursue the current profession/job?
How long do you HAVE to pursue the current profession/job?
How long will your current profession/job RESPECT your contribution in exchange for rewards?
Remaining relevant for decades in any industry is not just hard but, in many cases, impossible. However, accepting this fact can help you plan a peaceful retired life.
There are many more variables in the equation of your peace of mind; start identifying them in these few minutes of assignments.
I find peace in exploring the connection between the "How" and "Why" of any technical problem. Over the years, I have realized that research is a lifestyle and engineering is an attitude.
The intent of all courses will be practical implementation and a long-term career perspective.
Your ideas and suggestions are always welcome.