The Financial Analyst's Complete Guide to Excel 
What you'll learn
- Excel techniques & functions used in banking, private equity, real estate, corporate finance & more
- Gain EXTREME confidence in your ability to use Excel to perform financial analysis
- Learn the basics of financial modeling and how a financial analyst builds custom models
- Build a loan amortization table from scratch. Take this one to the bank!
- Advanced search & lookup functions including VLOOKUP, INDEX/MATCH & more
- Create macros to automate everyday, mundane tasks
- Pivot tables and other data analysis tools
- Keyboard shortcuts and keyboard movement
- Conditional formatting
- Logical operator functions
- and more!
- Excel 2010 or newer
- A basic working knowledge of Excel is required.
- Basic knowledge of finance is a plus but is not necessary. You will learn a lot about finance in this course.
What is this class all about?
This is an Excel best practices class that will teach you how a financial analyst uses Excel on a daily basis. My goal is to take you from an ordinary to an extraordinary Excel user! Together we'll discuss the functions, techniques, and best practices that will take your Excel abilities and financial analysis to the next level. This course is tailored towards financial professionals, but anyone looking to improve in Excel can benefit.
What will I learn?
Whether you're a total rookie or an experienced financial analyst, this class will help you become an Excel expert and will teach you a lot about the industry along the way. With over 50 lectures and over a dozen downloadable resources, you'll learn formulas & techniques that are commonplace in finance, an intro to financial modeling, advanced search & lookup functions, keyboard shortcuts, pivot tables & other data analysis tools, macros, and more. Each lesson contains a real-world, practical exercise to prepare you for the tasks performed by financial analysts. I've also included a keyboard shortcut PDF to print out and keep at your desk!
Why are you qualified to teach me?
I'm a CFA charterholder and have been a financial analyst since 2015. I spend every workday (and some of my weekends :) in Excel and have built dozens of financial models that are used to make daily investment decisions. I currently work at a small business lender and previously worked at a public REIT with some very smart people who were great with Excel and showed me the ropes. I take great pride and enjoyment in teaching, and I've spent a lot of time perfecting these lessons to be easily digested and applied in the real world.
What else can you tell me?
Being proficient with Excel is an essential part of being a good financial analyst and can greatly boost your marketability in this industry. If you aren't truly proficient with Excel, you could be missing out on career and/or advancement opportunities in your field. This class comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee so if you aren't satisfied for any reason, contact me for a refund. It's that easy!
Who this course is for:
- New and experienced financial professionals looking to improve in Excel
- Job seekers seeking a career in finance, banking, private equity, real estate, or data analysis
- Excel beginners looking to improve their skills while learning some finance along the way
- Anyone who wants to get better at Excel. Financial experience is a plus but is not necessary.
- Anyone looking to learn about finance
My name is Philip Handke and I founded Functional Finance in 2022 to provide data analytics education to financial professionals. I've been a financial analyst since 2015 and the financial models I've built are used in our firm's everyday investment process. Prior to my current role in commercial lending I was a credit underwriter for a public REIT where I underwrote over $1 billion of transaction volume for companies seeking financing for single tenant properties. I'm well versed in reviewing businesses of all types including restaurants, car washes, manufacturers, radio stations, gold miners, and much more.
My top areas of expertise include financial modeling in Excel, data analysis in Python, lending, capital markets, and commercial real estate. I hold a Bachelor's in Finance and an MBA. I passed all three levels of the CFA exam consecutively and in 2018 became a CFA charterholder.
In my free time I enjoy being out and about with my wife and son, riding my bike, and practicing drone photography & videography. Stay tuned for additional Udemy courses from me in the near future.