Financial Accounting – Payroll
- 21.5 hours on-demand video
- 57 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Payroll Legislation
- Payroll Forms and Time-Frames
- Payroll Register & Earning Record
- Regular Pay & Overtime Pay Calculation
- Federal Income Tax & Retirement Plans
- Federal Income Contributions Act Social Security
- Federal Income Contribution Act Medicare
- Federal Unemployment Tax Act (FUTA)
- Other Deductions
- Taxes – Employer & Employee
- Employer Responsibilities
- Payroll Expense Journal Entry
- Payroll Taxes Journal Entry
- Payroll Taxes Journal Entry
- Payroll Ethics & Practices
- Payroll Controls & Documentation
- Form 941
- Form 940
- Form W-2 & W-3
- Reconcile Year End Payroll Forms
- Comprehensive Payroll Problem
- Comprehensive Accounting Cycle Problem
- Definitions & Key Terms
- We should have a basic understanding of financial accounting and debits and credits
This financial accounting and payroll class will cover payroll topics including payroll legislation, payroll calculations, and entering payroll journal entries.
Because payroll is becoming more complex and more of a specialized field it is difficult to find content that puts it all together in one spot like this course does.
We will discuss payroll legislation, going over a wide variety of laws that influence payroll. Because payroll is such a broad topic and because it overlaps with other areas of business like human resources many laws influence the processing of payroll.
We will concentrate on laws that deal with the calculation of payroll and payroll withholdings.
The course will cover the generation of payroll registers and earnings reports, the primary tools to help us calculate payroll.
We will discuss how to calculation payroll tax withholding like federal income tax (FIT), social security, and Medicare. We will calculate net pay from gross pay.
This course will cover journal entries related to payroll; a topic often overlooked in may payroll classes. Payroll journal entries can be complicated. Learning payroll journal entries helps our understanding of both payroll and debits and credit.
We will post payroll journal entries to the general ledger and analyses the effect on the financial accounts and accounting equation.
This course will cover the processing of payroll tax forms like form 941, form 940, form W-2, form W-3, and form W-4.
We also include a comprehensive a problem, allowing us to see the entire process in one problem.
This course includes key terms and definitions related to payroll and a general comprehensive accounting cycle comprehensive problem. The accounting cycle comprehensive problem will take a step back, so we can see the big picture and visualize how the payroll process fits into the overall accounting cycle.
In addition to the instructional videos, this course will include downloadable
• Downloadable PDF Files
• Excel Practice Files
• Multiple Choice Practice Questions
• Short Calculation Practice Questions
• Discussion Questions
The PDF files allow us to download reference information we can use offline and as a guide to help us work through the material.
Excel practice files will be preformatted so that we can focus on the adjusting process and learning some of the basics of Excel, like addition, subtraction, and cell relationships.
Multiple choice example question helps us improve our test-taking skills by reducing the information into the size and format of multiple choice questions and discussing how to approach these questions.
Short calculation questions help us reduce problems that have some calculation down to a short format that could be used in multiple choice questions.
Discussion Question will provide an opportunity to discuss these topics with the instructor and other students, a process many students find very helpful because it allows us to see the topic from different viewpoints.
Who will we be learning from?
You will be learning from somebody who has technical experience in accounting concepts and in accounting software like QuickBooks, as well as experience teaching and putting together curriculum.
You will be learning from somebody who is a:
• CPA – Certified Public Accountant
• CGMA – Chartered Global Management Accountant
• Master of Science in Taxation
• CPS – Certifies Post-Secondary Instructor
• Curriculum Development Export
As a practicing CPA the instructor has worked with many technical accounting issues and helped work through them and discuss them with clients of all levels.
As a CPA and professor, the instructor has taught many accounting classes and worked with many students in the fields of accounting, business, and business applications.
The instructor also has a lot of experience designing courses and learning how students learn best and how to help students achieve their objectives. Experience designing technical courses has also benefit in being able to design a course in a logical fashion and deal with problems related to technical topics and the use of software like QuickBooks Pro.
• Payroll laws
• Calculation of regular pay and overtime pay
• Calculation of employer and employee social security
• Calculation of employer and employee Medicare
• Calculation of employee federal income tax
• Calculation of employer federal unemployment tax (FUTA)
• Other payroll deduction
• Payroll journal entries
• Posting payroll journal entries to the general ledger
• Filling our payroll forms including
• Form 941s
• Form 940
• Form W-2
• Form W-3
• Form W-4
• Comprehensive payroll problem
• Comprehensive accounting cycle problem
• Payroll Definitions and key terms.
- Accounting students
- Business owner
- Anyone who whats to learn accounting