Finance for Micro-Renewable Energy
What you'll learn
- assess a micro-renewable energy project by comparing with other forms of investment
- compare Capital Investments with long-term benefits and no liability
- use better methods of using financial metrics to sell micro-renewable energy
- understand why payback times don't work and why the industry needs to stop using them
- Basic maths skills and spreadsheet formulas and functions. You will need Powerpoint or Pdf reader
- e.g. you should be able to use EXCEL
- e.g you will need to understand how to add percentage rate rises
- You don't even have to be interested in Micro-Renewable energy. This course gives you a means to analyses ANY INVESTMENT
This course is for businesses and domestic customers who wish to learn how to assess if a particular product is worthwhile investing in or how to sell their renewable energy in a better way.
Selling a product is about emotion but it shouldn’t be! It should be about gain, profit and benefits to the customer. Payback times don’t do that. They mask the truth. We’re here to dispel the myths and help you see the truth.
It is probably best to do this course after you've completed the first one on Micro-Renewable Energy for Beginners. However, this is not a must, because this course in a way could apply to ANY FORM OF INVESTMENT. It's just that I've applied these techniques to this topic!
This course will teach you how to financially assess any form of micro-renewable energy or investment using techniques derived from capital budgeting and investment. Typically, these techniques are used in the stock market.
Using these techniques, you will build upon the knowledge you gained from the first course. This will allow you to work out if a particular micro-renewable energy system is financially worthwhile, quickly and efficiently. You won't need to learn how to calculate payback times, which are a pointless metric that much of the industry still uses.
If you want to get the full information on micro-renewable energy this is a definite follow up course you should do.
Who this course is for:
- Business owners
Highly experienced tutor with many years of delivering quality training sessions in-house and externally to people interested in energy efficiency and small scale renewable energy. I am the Founder of Perimetr Data Consultants, but recently have been doing more work as an independent Energy Consultant for a major PV company. I also invest in businesses, people and companies.
Professionally qualified trainer delivering energy efficiency and small scale renewable courses to businesses including:-
Enact Energy Renewables Ltd (2000 - 2013)
British Gas plc (2014 - 2015)
Perimetr Data Consultants (2016 - 2017)
Consultant for Wattstor (2016-17)
Founder of Perimetr Films (2017)
MSc Climate Change & Sustainable Development, De Montfort University
BA(Hons) History, Open University
CIEH Personal Trainer Certificate
Solar PV, Solar Thermal, Roof Wind Pressure, Wind Power, Heat Pump, Pico- / Micro-Hydro, and Twitter Data Analysis software.