Finance 101: Financial Skills for the Real World
What you'll learn
- Understand the time value of money
- Learn about the components that form interest rates
- Make the distinction between fixed and variable interest rates
- Understand how to negotiate with banks when applying for a loan
- Compare present and future cash flows
- Assess whether a project is feasible from a financial perspective through the Net Present Value technique
- Learn about annuities
- Calculate a complete loan schedule with fixed payments
- Know how to convert Foreign exchange currencies
- See the core principle behind modern Equity Portfolio Management theory
- Be able to make your own financial decisions based on sufficient financial literacy
- No experience or Finance knowledge is required - everything is shown in the course
Welcome to our Finance 101 course!
Most people don't realize how basic finance calculations play a major role in their life:
- the ability to compare two investments
- the understanding of how the timing of cash flows impacts rates of return
- the preparation necessary to negotiate an advantageous mortgage or loan rate
At the end of the day all of these decisions shape the amount of money you will find in your bank account. And because money accumulates over time, potential inefficiencies have an even higher weight in the future.
On the other hand, educated financial decision making goes a long way and could easily play a major role determining your net worth in the years to come.
In this course, we will start from the very basics. The lessons are suitable for those of you who have not studied finance in university or during an MBA course.
We'll cover the following fundamental topics:
cash flow calculations
the time value of money
the components forming interest rates
how to compare between investments
what is an annuity
how interest compounds over multiple periods
what is the difference between monthly and annual interest rate
how to calculate IRR, NPV, and many more
The course contains plenty of useful resources such as course notes, quiz questions, practical exercises, and a vibrant Q&A section where you can contact the course tutor and ask questions.
Sign up for the course today and make sure you are in control of your financial future!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn how to manage their own money
- Anyone from any country
- People who want to improve their financial literacy
365 Careers is the #1 best-selling provider of business, finance, and data science courses on Udemy. The company’s courses have been taken by more than 1,900,000 students in 210 countries. People working at world-class firms like Apple, PayPal, and Citibank have completed 365 Careers trainings.
Currently, the 365 focuses on the following topics on Udemy: 1) Finance – Finance fundamentals, Financial modeling in Excel, Valuation, Accounting, Capital budgeting, Financial statement analysis (FSA), Investment banking (IB), Leveraged buyout (LBO), Financial planning and analysis (FP&A), Corporate budgeting, applying Python for Finance, Tesla valuation case study, CFA, ACCA, and CPA
2) Data science – Statistics, Mathematics, Probability, SQL, Python programming, Python for Finance, Business Intelligence, R, Machine Learning, TensorFlow, Tableau, the integration of SQL and Tableau, the integration of SQL, Python, Tableau, Power BI, Credit Risk Modeling, and Credit Analytics, Data literacy, Product Management, Pandas, Numpy, Python Programming, Data Strategy
3) Entrepreneurship – Business Strategy, Management and HR Management, Marketing, Decision Making, Negotiation, and Persuasion, Tesla's Strategy and Marketing
4) Office productivity – Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Outlook
5) Blockchain for Business
All of our courses are:
- Real-life tested
By choosing 365 Careers, you make sure you will learn from proven experts, who have a passion for teaching, and can take you from beginner to pro in the shortest possible amount of time.
If you want to become a financial analyst, a data scientist, a business analyst, a data analyst, a business intelligence analyst, a business executive, a finance manager, an FP&A analyst, an investment banker, or an entrepreneur365 Careers’ courses are the perfect place to start.