Filemaker Time Registration for Freelancers
What you'll learn
- Build their own Filemaker solution to manage time spent on various job for various clients.
- Create basic filemaker tables, fields and relationships.
- Make beautiful and practical Filemaker layouts and add all kinds of fun features.
- You don't need any prior knowledge of any software or database design to follow this course.
- Download the trial version of Filemaker without cost to see if this software is right for you.
- This course is given in Filemaker Pro 14 but can also be done in versions 12 or 13.
In this course you will learn how to make a Filemaker database system that can be used to register time spent on jobs. This is specifically meant for freelancers and people who work for multiple clients or employers.
In this case it will be a time registration database where you store your time spent, miles traveled and extra expenses for each job you do.
We will be storing employers and contacts and entering job details.
This is a course for people who own a small business and can’t afford to buy expensive software packages to manage their administration. For people who don’t want to spend hours each week doing boring, monotonous paperwork that can be automated and be made easy, fun and professional looking.
I included the Filemaker file in the course for download so you can easily look at my file if you get lost somewhere or if there is something you want to look at more closely in detail.
At the end of this course you will be able to start your own FIlemaker projects and build them exactly the way you want them so they work for your company and not the other way around.
Who this course is for:
- This Filemaker course is made for those people who want to build their own Filemaker solutions.
- For people who want to make their boring administrative work fun and easy.
For years I was trying to figure out a good system that would be flexible and allow me to do some proper invoicing and stock management. After years of messing around with Excel files I finally had had enough and went looking. I found Filemaker and discovered a great tool that was packed with great functionality. I dove right in, started to learn everything I could. What started as a simple invoicing database became two and I was always looking to add more and more. I kept running into problems which forced me to find solutions and slowly I started to get to know Filemaker like the back of my hand. Now years later I have taught loads of people how to work with Filemaker and how to solve difficult problems. I have created very complex setups which have taught me everything I need to know about Filemaker.