FileMaker Platform Overview
- Before a student begins, they should have a deep desire to improve their organizations efficiency.
- Students should want to make a positive difference in their organizations... and expect to learn about software that will change their life.
Get up to speed with this exciting software development platform... from FileMaker Inc... a subsidiary of Apple Inc. This FREE course provides a high-speed brain dump on the benefits of the FileMaker Platform...and how it can radically change the way your organization works.
- Useful for people new to the FileMaker Platform... who want to begin their training.
- Useful for long time FileMaker users... who want to learn about the latest capabilities.
- Managers who want to understand how the FileMaker Platform could affect their organization.
- Developers who are looking to build Native iOS apps.
This course is broken down into multiple sections, including
- FileMaker Pro for Mac and Windows
- FileMaker Go for iPhone and iPad
- Leveraging FileMaker for Startups and Entrepreneurs
- Building Native iOS Apps for Apple's App Store
- This course is primer for reviewing the FileMaker platform, and understand the potential benefits to an organization.
- If you are already a FileMaker Ninja... please move on to the other FileMaker courses at Udemy
- 0101 - Introduction Video
- 0201 - What is FileMaker? How do you define what it is?
- 0202 - Why Startups and Small Businesses Fail
- 0204 - Estimating Development Costs
- 0205 - Commercializing an app your already have.
- 0301 - FMP Training with Emphasis on FM Starting Point
- 0302 - The FileMaker Platform - Summary
- 0304 - What is a Database - Part 1
- 0401 - Introduction to Input Methods for FileMaker Go
- 0402 - Bar Code Camera Integration & Insert from Device
- 0403 - Container Field - Camera & Signatures
- 0501 - Terminology...What is FIAS?
- 0502 - Quick Overview of App Build Process
- 0503 - You need a Strategy... for data management
CEO & Senior Engineer
Richard Carlton Consulting Inc
Senior Trainer and Platform Advocate
Richard Carlton is the CEO, and a Senior Engineer at Richard Carlton Consulting Inc. and its subsidiaries.
Richard has been involved with the FileMaker platform since 1990 and has grown RCC into one of the largest top tier FileMaker consultancies worldwide. Richard works closely with RCC's staff: a team of 28 FileMaker developers and supporting web designers. He has offices in California, Nevada, and Texas. Richard is a frequent speaker at the FileMaker Developers Conference on a variety of topics involving mobile application development, and client server integration.
Richard is the Product Manager for FM Starting Point, the popular and most downloaded free FileMaker CRM Starter Solution.
Richard has previously worked with VTC as a Video Training Author, and then later, started a new video publishing company, dedicated to the needs of the FileMaker community. LearningFileMaker is a publisher of FileMaker training videos, and numerous printed book available on Amazon.
Richard won 2015 Excellence Award from FileMaker Inc (Apple Inc) for outstanding video and product creation, leading to enhanced business development.
RCC and LearningFileMaker are headquartered in Santa Clara, CA.