FileMaker for IT Support Staff - 16
- Students should be those who have a general IT support background.
- Students should understand networking basics, including concepts of Latency, Pings, Static IPs, and significance of Port Numbers.
- Advanced network skills NOT required.
Get up to speed with this exciting software development platform... from FileMaker Inc... a subsidiary of Apple Inc. This FREE course provides a high-speed brain dump specifically tuned for IT support staff and managers. This is not a coding or development course. This course is designed to specifically to jump start... the IT support staff...so they know the minimum basics of supporting mission-critical FileMaker customer apps within their organization.
If your looking for a course to jump start you as a developer or end user, check out our other free videos course.
- Useful for people new to supporting the FileMaker Platform.
- Learn about the individual software products that make up the platform.
- Learn the basic capabilities of the platform.
- Learn about FileMaker Server and FileMaker Cloud, and which one might be a better fit for your organization.
This course is broken down into multiple sections, including
- Platform Overview
- Basic operations and usage of FileMaker Pro (Mac and Win)
- Supporting FileMaker Users
- Building Native iOS Apps for Apple's App Store
- Common Tech Support Issues
- FileMaker Server and FileMaker Cloud
- Basics of Security and Encryption.
Who this course is for:
- Manager or staff that needs to learn about supporting FileMaker in the organization
- Manager or IT staff who needs to understand IT concerns of supporting the FileMaker Platform.
- 02:520101 - What is this Course?
- 08:340102 - What is FileMaker - Summary
- 03:160103 - How is FileMaker Different from other Products...
- 08:390105 - What is IT's Level of Responsibility
CEO & Senior Engineer
Richard Carlton Consulting Inc
Senior Trainer and Platform Advocate
Richard Carlton is the CEO, and a Senior Engineer at Richard Carlton Consulting Inc. and its subsidiaries.
Richard has been involved with the FileMaker platform since 1990 and has grown RCC into one of the largest top tier FileMaker consultancies worldwide. Richard works closely with RCC's staff: a team of 28 FileMaker developers and supporting web designers. He has offices in California, Nevada, and Texas. Richard is a frequent speaker at the FileMaker Developers Conference on a variety of topics involving mobile application development, and client server integration.
Richard is the Product Manager for FM Starting Point, the popular and most downloaded free FileMaker CRM Starter Solution.
Richard has previously worked with VTC as a Video Training Author, and then later, started a new video publishing company, dedicated to the needs of the FileMaker community. LearningFileMaker is a publisher of FileMaker training videos, and numerous printed book available on Amazon.
Richard won 2015 Excellence Award from FileMaker Inc (Apple Inc) for outstanding video and product creation, leading to enhanced business development.
RCC and LearningFileMaker are headquartered in Santa Clara, CA.