Filemaker Beginner Tutorial - contacts database
- People can simply start with the Filemaker Pro demo version and see if it works well for them. There is no need to buy anything.
- There is no prior knowledge required. You can simply follow this course and learn as you go.
In this course you will learn how to make a complete Filemaker database system for your company.
In this case it will be a contact database. We will be storing contacts, creating notes and seeing their address on a map. We will be creating tasks to keep track of the things we need to do and see which tasks are already done.
This is a course for people who own a small business and can’t afford to buy expensive software packages to manage their administration. For people who don’t want to spend hours each week doing boring, monotonous paperwork that can be automated and be made fun and professional looking.
I included the Filemaker file in the course for download so you can easily look at my file if you get lost somewhere or if there is something you want to look at more closely in detail.
At the end of this course you will be able to start your own FIlemaker projects and build them exactly the way you want them so they work for your company and not the other way around.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for people who are a bit computer savvy and want to automate the paperwork of their business.
- This course is for people who are pretty organised and expect to find all their data stored in one central place.
- 06:13What we will be making. And how to navigate Filemaker.
For years I was trying to figure out a good system that would be flexible and allow me to do some proper invoicing and stock management. After years of messing around with Excel files I finally had had enough and went looking. I found Filemaker and discovered a great tool that was packed with great functionality. I dove right in, started to learn everything I could. What started as a simple invoicing database became two and I was always looking to add more and more. I kept running into problems which forced me to find solutions and slowly I started to get to know Filemaker like the back of my hand. Now years later I have taught loads of people how to work with Filemaker and how to solve difficult problems. I have created very complex setups which have taught me everything I need to know about Filemaker.