File Encryption Basics and Practices with CrococryptFile
- Everything is covered in the course.
In this course, you will learn how to use CrococryptFile, the open-source file encryption solution. Learn what encryption means on the technical level – as a background information to choose the right file encryption method for your case. If you care about privacy and if you are willing to do something about it, you are already on the right track. This applies for enterprise and private users alike.
First, you will get an introduction on encryption in general to understand the characteristics of the different existing technologies. Then, we will go through the application family step-by-step: Windows, Linux, Web-based and Command-line interface.
IT background would be a plus but is not required to take this course.
THIS IS A FOREVER FREE COURSE to support the open-source encryption solution CrococryptFile!
- This course is meant for everyone with an interest in data privacy and especially in privacy for data files. This applies for offline and online security of files, e.g., encrypting files appropriately on your local computer, your company laptop, for your cloud storage or for file interchange. Basic IT and crypto knowledge is a plus but not required.
- Introduction to Encryption and File-encryption17:04
- CrococryptFile Windows Installation02:07
- Password-based Encryption, Decryption and WebDecrypt04:10
- Token-based Encryption with Windows Keystore and OpenPGP04:10
- Forensics on Headerless encrypted Files09:53
- Linux, Unix and Command-line usage05:35
Frank Hissen successfully studied Computer Science at Darmstadt University of Technology (Germany) focusing on IT security. For over 15 years, he works as IT consultant and software engineer; for over 10 years, he also works in various positions as security expert in IT development and consulting projects. He mainly worked for large businesses but also medium-sized companies.
He develops software and system architectures for complex systems and implements them or supervises the implementation. Moreover, he creates studies and function specifications.
In the area of IT security, Mr. Hissen is specialized in applied and technical IT security. For major as well as smaller companies, he equally developed and implemented security solutions and accompanied processes for secure product and software development.
In the area of cryptography and encryption, Mr. Hissen developed security solutions as Senior Solution Engineer at SECUDE before he became self-employed in 2009. Since then he works as freelancing expert in the area of web and cloud application security. He creates secure conceptual designs of system architectures but also takes care of their secure implementation and corresponding security requirements. One other focus is the technical examination and validation of the actual implementation.
Until now, Mr. Hissen worked in various projects amongst others for Deutsche Telekom AG, SECUDE, Allianz AG, ITO Darmstadt UT and SAP Research.