Figma UI UX Design Essentials
What you'll learn
- How to begin working as a UX Designer using Figma.
- How to use Figma for Essential UX Design & UI Design
- How to make fully interactive prototypes.
- How to work with a UX personas.
- You will be able to add UX designer to your CV.
- Build a UX project from beginning to end.
- What the client expects of you as a UX designer.
- How to create simple wireframes.
- How to implement colours & images properly in your designs.
- The dos & don'ts around choosing fonts for web & mobile apps.
- How to create your own icons, buttons & other UI components.
- Terms such as Components, Constraints & Multi Dimensional Variants.
- Free UI kits & plugins for Figma which will speed up our workflow dramatically!
- How to build a simple style guide, ready for client handoff.
- How to make both simple & advanced micro interactions, page transitions & animations.
- Learn to design websites & mobile phone apps.
- Work with fonts & colors.
- Test on mobile phones.
- Export production ready assets.
- Create your first UX brief & persona.
- Learn professional workflow tricks & shortcuts.
- Forum support from me and the rest of the BYOL crew.
- All the techniques used by UX professionals
- 111 videos of detailed Figma & UX & UI Design content.
- You'll need a copy of Figma. A free plan is available on the Figma website.
- No previous UX Design/UI Design experience is needed.
- No previous Figma skills are needed.
- No previous design skills or experience required.
Hi there - my name is Dan Scott & welcome to Figma Essentials.
Together - you and me - are going to learn everything you need to get started working as a UX Designer using Figma.
We’ll use this UI UX design tool to create beautiful User Interfaces and engaging prototypes. Most importantly... we'll cover the client expectations of you as a new UX designer.
This course is aimed at people new to design, new to User Experience design. Even if you’re not totally sure what UX really means, don’t worry. We’ll start right at the beginning and work our way through step by step.
First we’ll describe the brief & how to work with a UX persona.
Then you’ll learn how to create simple wireframes.
From there we’ll look at how to implement colours & images properly in your designs.
You’ll learn the do’s & don’ts around choosing fonts for web & mobile apps.
You’ll learn how to create your own icons, buttons & other UI components.
You’ll learn some pretty scary terms such as Components, Constraints & Multi Dimensional Variants. They are all really easy to understand once you know how.
We’ll also make our lives easier by using free UI kits & plugins for Figma which will speed up our workflow dramatically!
We’ll build a simple Style Guide ready for client handoff.
You’ll understand how to make both simple & advanced micro interactions, page transitions & animations
Before the end of this course you will have made fully interactive prototypes
You will take a project all the way through - collaborating with other team members and exporting the right files ready to hand off to your developer or software engineer.
We’ll be focusing on the software Figma but I’ll make sure to explain the techniques & terms used in the UX and how real world projects are run. You will develop a great understanding of the industry and will be able to manage your own UX projects.
I will be setting assignments through the course which will help develop your skills and enable you to create something special and unique for your own portfolio.
Alright - it's time to upgrade yourself & go from Figma Zero to Figma Hero.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to start using Figma in their career & get paid for their user experience design skills.
- This course is for beginners, newbies & amateurs in the field of UX design.
- Aimed at people new to the world of design & user experience.
- For anyone that needs to add ‘UX Design’ to their portfolio.
- Anyone who wants to learn the essentials of UI & UX Design.
Sharing is who I am, and teaching is where I am at my best, because I've been on both sides of that equation, and getting to deliver useful training is my meaningful way to be a part of the creative community.
I've spent a long time watching others learn, and teach, to refine how I work with you to be efficient, useful and, most importantly, memorable. I want you to carry what I've shown you into a bright future.
I have a wife (a lovely Irish girl) and kids. I have lived and worked in many places (as Kiwis tend to do) – but most of my 14+ years of creating and teaching has had one overriding theme: bringing others along for the ride as we all try to change the world with our stories, our labours of love and our art.
I'm a certified Adobe instructor (ACI) in Ireland. I'm also an Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) and have completed the Adobe Certified Associate training (ACA). And I don't just do Adobe. Remember, media is a very broad term – digital blew out the borders, so we are all constantly learning.
I've been teaching for 14+ years. I come from being a media designer and content creator – so I understand exactly where you're at now. I've been there. I love this stuff. Print, digital publishing, web and video. I can see how it all connects. And I can see how we can share those connections.
I built Bring Your Own Laptop in Ireland, New Zealand, Australia & online. I have a great team working with me to keep BYOL at the top of Adobe and digital media training. I understand business, I have one – so I know how important it is to get it right and make it work for you.
Now my focus is on Udemy. It's my mission to bring you the best training for digital media on Udemy.
Daniel Walter Scott