Fifteen Great CTO Leadership Hacks
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 7 articles
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- How to onboard yourself into new organizations
- Check if you've implemented Agile correctly
- Identify stakeholders and power-holders
- Learn how your team creates value
- Create a robust build process
- Perform a rigorous fire drill to test your team
- Conduct a risk-assessment to identify pending failures
- Analyze the sprint backlog for common mistakes
- ... and much more!
- You should have a desire to become a better and more effective CTO
- You should be an intermediate or advanced tech professional
- No prior knowledge of leadership is required, but having an open mind is a plus
- That's all!
Not so long ago I worked for a technical company in the USA. I had loads of fun and I learned a lot about how American companies do business. But it wasn't an easy job.
My predecessor had implemented everything in Salesforce with layer upon layer of customizations. The entire IT system was complicated, disorganized, and extremely unstable. The system would fail almost daily, and years of this had turned the entire organization against the IT department.
I arrived in a hostile environment and had to defend myself daily from contemptuous and condescending stakeholders. It made my work very difficult.
This course is what I wish I had back then to fully prepare me for the job.
In this course, I will share 15 great leadership hacks with you to make you succeed as CTO.
I will start by helping you get into the right mindset for the role. You will learn how to on-board yourself, how to connect with your team, and how to show up for work asking the right questions.
Then I'll teach you how to gain situational awareness. You will learn how to identify your stakeholders and find out what they expect. We will also look at how your team creates value, and what the stakeholders expect from you and your team This will help you become aware of the political environment you've landed in.
Finally, I'll help you sort out your agile process. I will show you an idealized agile development cycle that you can compare with your reality. This will help you find and address weaknesses quickly and get your team to a higher level.
By the end of the course, you'll be well on your way to become an outstanding CTO.
- Intermediate and advanced tech professionals who want to become a great CTO
- New CTOs interested in growing their skills and improving their awareness
- Entrepreneurs looking to grow their businesses and create a high-functioning organization
Being a CTO is a difficult job, and the side of the road is littered with the faded business cards of your predecessors who didn't make it. I will share 3 statistics with you that will help you remain humble.