Line Producer: Understanding the Complete Producing Process
What you'll learn
- To Understand the duties of a Line Producer
- To Understand terms used within the production community
- To learn the difference in various types of producers
- To learn the difference in a Line Producer and a Unit Production Manager
- To gain an understanding of how Line Producers build their reputations and careers
- No prerequisite necessary to take this course
A Line Producer is quite possibly the most important person on a film. Understanding how everything truly comes together is essential in understanding the business. This class provides a holistic view of how locations, cars, budgets, and all else is decided upon. It is a necessity for anyone that wants to be a line producer, producer, director, or work in any other capacity in production.
Kris Sheets Line Producer
Kris is a member of the Directors Guild of America and has worked on over thirty films and television productions in a Producer or Unit Production Manager capacity. She holds a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in film and has extensive experience working on Bollywood films, a subset of films in India.
Who this course is for:
- Any individual that wants to work in production in any capacity
- Individuals that want to serve as vendors to productions
Faith in Dreams Edutainment is an innovative production company that creates entertainment projects and resources that help shape the future. Entertainment career opportunities now more than ever expand beyond the doors of Hollywood. The growth of the industry has brought about productions that span throughout the world. Producers, agents, writers, and other key positions are all expected to understand their responsibilities, key terms, and traditions that have proven effective. Our Entertainment Career Courses provide the training essential to becoming an employable commodity within the industry. The content also provides noteworthy preparation for individuals competing for acceptance into visual arts programs.
Featured Industry Subject Matter Experts:
Ilunga Adel, Screenwriter
Patty Bunch, Make-up Artist
Tiffany Dean, Celebrity Stylist
Carolyn Thompson Goldstein, Talent Agent
Jeffrey Reddick, Screenwriter
Alejandro Seri, Final Draft Inc.
Kris Sheets, Line Producer
Toni Suttie, Casting Director