Fiction Writing for Time-Starved Creatives
What you'll learn
- How to start and maintain a fiction writing practice with little or no time to spare.
- Breaking the "writing rules" to find your true voice.
- Getting unstuck: how to defeat the "quicksand" areas in your writing.
- How to write fiction, no matter how much time you have.
- Exploring self-publishing and traditional publishing--in a nutshell.
- Editing: how to make it easier and less painful when you have limited time.
- Building your confidence as a writer even if it's not your full-time job.
- The ability to think outside-the-box and try new things.
- Some fiction writing experience.
- A deep desire to write fiction and tell stories.
- A willingness to ditch "the rules" as you know them when it comes to writing.
Have you started writing but then given up on your first novel? Do you have a hoard of partially finished manuscripts languishing on your hard drive? Do you dream of holding your book in your hands one day ... but can't seem to find the time to write the first draft?
In this course, you'll learn how to get over perfectionism and procrastination in your writing practice. You'll be inspired to break big goals down into tiny, bite-sized pieces and accomplish more than you thought possible. Simple systems, tips, and tricks are shared to help you be successful in your writing.
As a former author of many unfinished manuscripts, author J.P. Choquette completed her first novel using the simple methods outlined in this course. She’s since used this method to write ten more manuscripts.
Packed with helpful tips, personal insights into writing-related resistance, humor, and homework, this course will help every time-starved writer to finally find that "perfect fit" and a writing practice they can stick with.
Choquette's warm, personal tone and experience in the field of psychology help to ensure that students aren't simply going through the motions but are successfully engaged in hands-on learning. Application and simplicity are key and Choquette shares easy tips, motivations, and tricks to help writers meet their goals… faster than they thought possible.
Who this course is for:
- Time-stressed fiction writers.
- Doubtful fiction writers.
- Fiction writers who have the desire to write regularly, but who haven't had a plan in place to succeed...yet.
- Beginner fiction writer.
- First-time novelists.
- People who want to write a book but have no time.
I am (in order): an imperfect Christian, a wife, mother, author/writer and collector of odd bits of trivia and weird facts.
Since I was old enough to create “books” with staples and crayons, I’ve been an avid writer and voracious reader. Though I have a bachelor’s degree in psychology, fiction writing is my passion…and one that I share with others through my writing courses.
I am a lover of Gothic books and movies. I enjoy reading, spending time in old cemeteries, visiting junk shops and drinking hot beverages…just not all at the same time.