Resume Writing for Veterans (Federal USAJOBS)
- 7.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- 8 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Translate your military experience into civilian terminology
- Bridge the gap between your military experience and the civilian workforce.
- Translate your military skills into a federal government resume.
- Use military combat methods to analyze a federal job vacancy announcement.
- Write your federal government resume at the highest GS Level/Salary possible.
- Learn how the HR office reviews resumes so that the HR office will "refer" your resume to the Hiring Manager.
- Learn how the Hiring Manager reviews resumes so you can target your resume to the Hiring Manager and get the interview.
- Federal job seekers.
- Job seekers looking for GS-7-15 federal government jobs.
This is an easy to follow, step-by-step, Crash Course in Federal (USAJOBS) Resume Writing. The video instruction taught in this tutorial is directly linked to each chapter within the Battlefield Resumes, LLC workbook called "Operation: Federal Resume, 4-Battlefield Phases to a Targeted Federal Résumé." This tutorial will help veterans, transitioning military personnel, federal government employees, defense contractors and others in their search for federal employment. This tutorial uses an easily identifiable analogy between military doctrine and federal résumé writing. This training encourages you to use military tactics and strategy when transitioning to the civilian workforce. If you want to learn the secret to the HR screening process and want to get “referred” to the Hiring Manager, you have to watch this video training program. Bruce shows you how the HR office evaluates your resume and categorizes you for a certain GS Grade Level, as well as how you can ensure that your resume is evaluated at the highest salary (GS Grade Level) possible. He also shows you where to find the criteria that the HR office uses when determining if your resume should be “referred” to the Hiring Manager and how to ensure that the same critical information is included within your resume. Bruce will also walks you through the Hiring Manager’s evaluation process and how the federal government Position Description (PD) is linked to the vacancy announcement, the KSAs, the Questionnaire, and the questions asked during the interview. If you want a federal job, this video tutorial is a must and will definitely ensure your resume is more competitive than other applicants, as well as prepare you for your federal government interview.
- Transitioning Military
- Federal resume
- Federal job search
Learn how to use the OPM website when analyzing federal job series and GS levels.
Learn how to analyze the How to Apply section of a federal government vacancy announcement.
Learn how to analyze the Questionnaire section of a second federal government vacancy announcement.
Learn how to answer the federal government vacancy announcement Questionnaire.
Learn how to integrate all phases of the federal resume process into the USAJOBS resume builder.