Federal Resume Writer Certification
What you'll learn
- Perform as a Certified Federal Resume Writer using the Battlefield Resume Methodology (BRM).
- Help veterans bridge the gap between their military experience and the civilian workforce.
- Translate military skills into a federal government resume.
- Relate to veterans by understanding how to use military combat methods to analyze a federal government job vacancy announcement.
- Relate to veterans by understanding how to use military combat methods to develop a federal government resume.
- Help veterans write their resume at the highest GS Level possible.
- Learn how the HR office reviews resumes so the HR Office will "refer" the veteran's resume to the Hiring Manager.
- Learn how the Hiring Manager reviews resumes so the veteran will be asked to interview.
- Translate military experience into civilian terminology.
- Have the desire to help veterans.
This is the Certified Battlefield Resume Writer - Federal Resume Writer (CBRW-FR) course. This is an easy to follow, step-by-step, Federal Resume Writing tutorial. The video instruction taught in this course is directly linked to each chapter within the Battlefield Resumes, LLC workbook called "Operation: Federal Resume, 4-Battlefield Phases to a Targeted Federal Résumé." This course is for Resume Writers, Career Coaches, Career Counselors, VA Counselors, DVOPs, LVERs, Department of Labor Veteran assistance programs, University and ROTC Career Counselors, as well as Military Transition Assistance counselors. This program will help you show veterans that you are serious about understanding them and will demonstrate your desire to assist them. This course will teach you how to help veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, federal government employees, defense contractors and others in their search for federal employment. You will learn how to help veterans relate their experiences to the civilian workforce and how to translate their skills to federal government employment. The Certified Battlefield Resume Writer - Federal Resume Writer (CBRW-FR) course uses an easily identifiable analogy between military doctrine and federal résumé writing. The CBRW-FR encourages you to use military tactics and strategy when helping veterans transition to the civilian workforce. If you want to learn and share the secret to the HR screening process and want your veterans and clients to get “referred” to the Hiring Manager, you have to watch this video training program. Bruce shows you how the HR office evaluates resumes and categorizes resumes for a certain GS Grade Level, as well as how to ensure that your client’s resume is evaluated at the highest salary (GS Grade Level) possible. He also shows you where to find the criteria that the HR office uses when determining if your client’s resume should be “referred” to the Hiring Manager and how to ensure that the same critical information is included within your client’s resume. Bruce will also walks you through the Hiring Manager’s evaluation process and how the Federal Government Position Description (PD) is linked to the vacancy announcement, the KSAs, the Questionnaire, and the questions asked during the interview. If you are serious about helping veterans and you really want to help them get a federal job, the CBRW-FR course is a requirement and will demonstrate to all veterans that you are dedicated to their employment effort and have the desire and stamina to help them. Attain the Elite Status of a Certified Battlefield Resume Writer - Federal Resume Writer (CBRW-FR) so you can make sure that your client’s resume is more competitive than other applicants, as well as prepare them for your federal government interview.
Who this course is for:
- Career Counselors who help veterans write resumes.
- Resume Writers who want a Federal Government Resume Writer Certification.
- Transition Assistance Program counselors.
- Soldier for Life counselors.
- University and College counselors who help veterans.
- Department of Labor personnel
- VA personnel
- Federal resume
- Federal job search
Bruce Benedict developed the Battlefield Resume Methodology after retiring from the US Army. Bruce served from a Private/E1 to a Major/O4. After retirement transitioned into the civilian workforce where he experienced many trials and tribulations. After navigating the civilian jungle for many years, he worked his way up to a Federal Government GS-15 Hiring Manager.
Bruce took all of his lessons learned and observations and incorporated them into the Battlefield Resume Methodology. Bruce has literally “cracked the code” on federal government employment and prides himself his continued service to veterans and their spouses.
Bruce is a PARW Certified Résumé Writer, a Certified Defense Intelligence Agency Coach, a Certified John Maxwell Coach/Speaker/Trainer, and Certified Project Management Professional (PMP).
Please contact me if you have any questions or comments regarding the battlefield resume training.