Feature Engineering with Excel & Python Machine Learning
- Excel Functions - IF, Sumifs, Counta, Vlookup
- Excel Pivot Tables
- Excel Name Manager
- Basic of Python for Machine Learning
- Python Jupyter Notebooks
Machine Learning is getting increasingly famous for new aspirants to learn. I have seen many start this journey of never-ending learning start using Python or R to begin their journey. Due to all coding and no visual cue’s many often miss the joy of creating features and experimenting with data using Excel.
I started my journey of Data Science with Excel, which helped me create a visual memory for creating features. My love for Data Science began with this simple yet powerful tool and a plethora of opportunities to solve new problems.
In this video series, I will extract features using the Titanic Data from Kaggle. Excel will be used to do missing value treatment, engineering new features, creating test and train datasets. Python is our choice of tool for modelling. Hopefully, as a beginner, you will begin to discover Data Science as I have.
- Beginner Data Science aspirants want to solve their first Kaggle Problem Statement
- Data Science Students who want to learn how Feature Engineering happens visually
- Explore Data and Identify Missing Values06:15
- Treat Embarked Variable06:45
- Treat Age Variable08:00
- Treat Cabin and Recode Sex Variable06:57
- Create Family Size and Is Alone Feature from Sibsp and Parch03:37
- Extract Title from Name Variable09:16
- Extract Feature from Ticket Variable11:49
- Create Dummy Variables09:34
- Create Train and Test Datasets18:49
- Build Logistic Regression11:14
- Evaluate Model and Submit to Kaggle10:38
Kunaal loves teaching Data Science and is an avid learner. He aspires to inspire aspirants to make it into the Analytical industry. He has over ten years of experience in the field of Data Science across domains such as Marketing, Insurance, HR and Retail. Currently, he works at Dell as a Marketing Advisor.
Apart from his professional background, he has experience in teaching Analytics, Machine Learning, Excel, SAS, Python, SQL Tableau over 50 Corporates/Institutes including CITI Bank, Genpact, Fidelity, Corporate Executive Board, Madras School of Economics.
Apart from his professional side, he is a Scuba Diver, Apprentice Philosopher and Lifeaholic Evangelist. Also, he loves creating content to teach Data Science on YouTube.