Fundamentals of Geotechnical Engineering - FE Civil Exam
What you'll learn
- Master the "Geotechnical Engineering" as per FE Civil Exam requirements
- More than 50 step-by-step solved examples covering each sub-topic of the geotechnical engineering
- 4 practice exams with different problems that resemble the same difficulty level of the real exam
- Step-by-step solution for the practice exams problems
- Learning the different types of soil and their properties
- Learning about shallow and deep foundations and their design procedure
- Learning bearing capacity, consolidation and shear strength calculations
- Learning the design and the stability of soil retaining structures
- Basic engineering knowledge
In this course, you are going to have full preparation for the FE Civil Exam covering the topic of "Geotechnical Engineering"
This course will be your only studying source as it is the most comprehensive available course for the FE Civil exam that will enable you to master the "Geotechnical Engineering" topic for FE Civil Exam by going through the "3" following steps :-
In the first step, you are going to watch the Full explanation videos that explain the physical meaning and the engineering concepts of the geotechnical engineering as per NCEES FE Civil exam requirements
In the second step, you will watch multiple solved examples on each sub-topic for better understanding
In the third and last step, you are going to have multiple practice exams on each topic that cover different ideas for the exam to enable you to better assess your understanding level. and of course, the step by step videos for the solution to all of the exams problems are available to understand any point you might have missed.
All of the problems were carefully chosen from many different resources to resemble the same level of difficulty of the real FE Civil exam
The course covers all of the "Geotechnical Engineering" topic requirements as per latest NCEES requirements released in July - 2020 , including the following chapters
Index properties & soil classifications
Soil phase relations
Laboratory & field tests
Effective stress of soil
Stability of retaining structures
Soil shear strength
Soil bearing capacity
Foundation types [Isolated, strip footing, raft, piles...etc]
Consolidation & differential settlement
With this course, you will have access to our private FB group where you can discuss with the instructor and the remaining students any findings or clarifications you might have about this course, and you will be having the instructor's full support till you pass your FE Civil Exam.
Also, this course is not only for engineers interested in attending the FE Civil Exam. This course would perfectly suit any structural/civil engineer who wants to understand all of the basics of Geotechnical Engineering.
Visit our Udemy channel, to check the remaining courses covering the remaining topics of the FE Civil Exam...
So, don't waste any more time, and join us now....
Who this course is for:
- Individuals who wants to attend FE exam in civil engineering
- Engineers who wants to refresh their knowledge about fundamentals of geotechnical engineering
Hello, I'm Ismail Magdy and I'm the general manager and one of the instructors in Engineering Training Academy.
I'm a Senior Structural engineer, pipe stress analyst and a project manager, holding a Masters degree in structural engineering with more than 13 years of experience in the infrastructure field, dealing and managing multiple of mega projects in the middle east region.
Also, I've experience as a project manager for multiple projects and I'm a PMP & PBA certified.
And of course, I'm passionate about teaching and continuous learning
My key expertise are as following
- Project management
- Business analysis
- Piping stress analysis
- Structural design Of piping supports
- Design of buried pipelines
- Structural design of underground structures
- Stability checks & calculations
- Structural design of industrial structures