Fathers-to-be Pregnancy Academy 12 to 24 Weeks
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 12 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Work with the 10 pregnancy skills other fathers developed
- Fathers-to-be will be able to keep up with the rapid changes experienced by his baby and baby's mother
- No prerequisites
- You should either be a father-to-be or person interested in pregnancy and fatherhood
This second Fathers-to-be Pregnancy Academy course 12-24 weeks is a continuation of the Fathers-to-be Pregnancy Academy conception - 12 weeks. You do NOT need to have taken the first if that phase of pregnancy has passed you by!
We at Common Knowledge Trust are committed to passing on the 10 skills men developed within the Birthing Better childbirth preparation method.
For too long fathers-to-be have literally been left in the dark as soon as conception occurs no matter how involved your baby's mother wants you to be.
Each of the 10 skills is discussed as an overview and then to yourself, baby and baby's mother. There are assignments that take about 10-15 minutes so you deepen your use of these skills.
Pregnancy, birth preparation, The Birth and newborn period is unique from the viewpoint of father/other. This course focuses on your role, job, task and relationship during these Life transforming period.
- 'Keeping up with the Jones' is not the message of this course. It's keeping up with your growing baby and your baby's mother. They are growing and changing at the speed of Light in the larger frame of Time. Grow or get left behind!
- Feeling left out is no longer the norm. As you grow as a human being, man, father-to-be and perhaps a husband or partner, you will gain confidence most men never feel. You now will have a Continuity of Self from prior to conception right through pregnancy, birth preparation, The Birth and newborn period. In other words ... no more gap!
- Knowing there are common sense and common knowledge skills that fit into your unique life means learning these 10 skills is simple.
- Discovering how to use these valuable skills toward yourself as well as your baby and baby's mother means you aren't drained by the constant needs of your pregnant partner.
- Mothers-to-be, childbirth educators, doulas or midwives as well as relatives of the father-to-be
Birthing Better fathers who developed these amazing 10 skills got clever. They discovered the unique 5 phases of pregnancy as well and how these skills morph in each phases.
Pregnancy comes before childbirth preparation which comes before The Birth. However, Birthing Better skills developed first as birth and birth-coaching skills, then how effectively to prepare for The Birth and finally the 10 skills for dads to grow from conception to birth.
Women become very demanding once pregnant. They can demand more of you or demand you stay away. Confusing? Yup. Learn more about the 'pregnant Mind' and how to think, speak and show kindness to your baby's mother
There is so much focus on Women in pregnancy and very little toward Fathers-to-be. Birthing Better fathers developed these skills primarily to keep up with pregnancy which is focused on the 'woman' and to some degree with the 'baby'. They soon realised they also have to use these skills toward themselves.
Fathers-to-be can totally overwhelmed by early pregnancy. There are so many changes that it's easy to just try to get through the day and awareness be damned. Phase 1 of pregnancy heightens your awareness. Phase 2 permits you to regroup this skill for the next few months. You'll need it increasingly again in phase 3,4 and 5.
Be aware of how you feel, what you think, the words coming out of your mouth and your actions. Mindfulness is a buzz word now. Being aware is a 'choice'. Birthing Better fathers chose to become aware of themselves as they moved from 'becoming' a father to 'being' a father ... whether for the first time or 10th.
Thank goodness phase 2 of pregnancy doesn't usually require the heightened awareness toward your baby's mother as phase 1 has. Take a breather ... no ... don't become lazy and switched off. Just permit yourself to become more relaxed again if conception to 12 weeks has been stressful.