Fast Start Python Serverless Apps with AWS and Terraform
- 2 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Serverless Framework in Python
- Infrastructure as code with Terraform and AWS as the provider
- OAuth2.0 Authentication using Cognito (Code and Implicit flows)
- AWS Networking for Serverless (VPC, Subnets, NATs, VPC Endpoint)
Start abstracting and splitting up yaml configurations that would get too big as development goes on. Serverless specific yaml configurations will be explained and we also take care of API gateway default error responses to be CORS compatible.
Split up the functions and enable a RESTful API. Implement REST with Python specific naming and coding conventions. Python modules are used properly and we have ways to execute the functions locally. We also implement a common reusable API response module. Finally common deployment errors are demonstrated.
We explore using the Serverless framework and boilerplate code on how to bring up a sample chat app. You will learn to use DynamoDB to manage connection sessions, connection to DynamoDB securely and how to manage auth for the websockets.
- Basic understanding of programming concepts
- Basic understanding of public cloud concepts
This course takes you through building Serverless applications quickly and securely on Amazon Web Services by leveraging:
- Terraform for infrastructure code
- Serverless Framework (Python) for quickly deploying and structuring our code (REST & Websockets)
We go beyond the defaults and will construct infrastructure as code and create our own VPCs, Subnets and tackle OAuth2.0 authentication.
By the end of the course, you should be able to comfortably understand how to create a REST and websocket application from scratch and leverage the boilerplate to start generating business value immediately.
The course does require a high quality connection to get 1080p viewing due to font sizes in code. I've made the entire course downloadable in case you are on a slower connection so you can watch offline! Ensure that you set your quality level to "Auto" to get the best resolution possible.
- Junior to Senior Software Developers/Engineers