GIMP for Beginners: Fast Photo Editing Tricks & Tips
- Be able to use GIMP at a beginner's level or better.
- GIMP should be installed. You can find it on their website for free download.
A series of short tutorials on how to achieve many different effects and results editing photos within GIMP. Every tutorial takes you from start to finish for a goal and focuses on the application of techniques and tools. It is assumed that you know your way around the basics of GIMP so we won't waste time explaining what every tool does.
- Anyone who wants to learn immediately usable photo editing techniques
- Those who want their photos to stand out from the crowd
- Put Image Inside of Text Shape02:48
- Draw Straight Lines04:02
- Turn Day to Night in Any Photo04:33
- Outline & Stroke Text02:15
- Type Text Around in a Circle Path04:11
- Place People Behind Objects in a Photo07:27
- Put Text on Custom Path06:29
- 2 Ways to Create and Add Shapes02:53
- Make a Black or White Silhouette from Any Object, Person, or Animal04:04
- Transparent Clothing Effect03:44
- Change Photo Background09:32
- Change Eye Color02:02
- Remove Stains & Dirt from Photo05:36
- Checking Distances and Angles (Measure Tool)05:54
- Top 10 Things Beginners Want to Know How to Do24:19
- How to Create Text on a Spiral Path14:09
My philosophy in information technology and learning in general is that video learning is the best way to learn for yourself. I can provide the videos but it's up to you as my student to absorb and practice the information to become a more educated and skilled person.
If you want to get a taste of my approach to education and tutorial series, you can find me on my channel.