Fashion 101 | Learn the History of Colors!
What you'll learn
- You will learn the HISTORY of color in FASHION design/styling throughout time.
- You will learn how different COLORS were perceived in our History compared to our modern day age.
- You will learn about the evolution of color throughout time in ART and FASHION.
- You will learn about the meaning, interpretation, and PSYCHOLOGY of COLOR.
- No previous knowledge needed. Just an interest to learn more about history & fashion!
Are you interested in learning color history in fashion? If so, this course is for you!
Welcome to another course of the Fashion 101 Series! My name is Veronika and I'm your instructor.
In this course, I will be teaching you the fashion history of color. We will look at the history of every color, each lesson focusing in on a different hue. We will look at its existence in fashion throughout time as well as its influence on fashion today. This course will have many visual examples to help illustrate the colors in fashion throughout history.
If you are interested in fashion design or styling, learning about the fashion history of color is SUPER important. It makes one understand how one color trend at a certain time in a certain place has influenced another color trend in a different time and place. It's only because of this understanding of long-term patterns and repetition in trends, that one is able to do a perfect forecast for the next season. The study of the past also helps us to compare as we start recognizing the patterns from the past. It enhances our observation and thinking skills therefore developing your taste for design.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested to learn about the history of color in fashion and art. No prior knowledge is needed and all are welcome!
Veronika is a Fashion, Film, & Celebrity Stylist based in Toronto, ON. Her work has been published in many magazines including large scale publications like Vogue & Vanity Fair. She has also worked on many TV shows, movies, and commercials as a wardrobe stylist and costume designer. With over 10 years of experience in the fashion industry, Veronika is at the top of her game.
Veronika has taught fashion design and styling to over 1000 students by teaching her own classes as well as for colleges like: CCSA & Toronto Fashion Academy.