Fashion Fundamentals (Elements of Design)
What you'll learn
- Dress In Right Color - Selecting colors for your clothes as per your body type and skin tone.
- Color Characteristics and Color Wheel - Making color wheel understanding the categories of colors and mixing them in a right proportion.
- Color Values - Understanding and creating Lighter, darker and duller tones of colors
- Color Schemes - Understanding and forming different color combinations depending on their positions in color wheel.
- Color Psychology - Understanding the message each color coveys.
- Cultural Significance of colours - Different meanings of colors in cultures around the world.
- Create the look you like with Lines - Create the look you like with Lines
- Repeats - Techniques of repetitions - Creating prints on fabric repeating the same motif in different manners.
- Principles Of Designs - 1 - Design Principles to make your design perfect and more attractive
- Principles of Designs – 2 - Design Principles to make your design perfect and more attractive
- Silhouettes and Body Type - Understanding body types and selecting right shapes of garment
- Textures - Understanding Feel of the fabrics in fashion Industry
- Patterns – The Visual Art - Creating prints for adding details in the garments according to body type.
- Some basic understanding of Colors and Design
Understanding these elements of design makes the foundation of designing experience great. Any individual who wants to start their career as a fashion designer, fashion stylist, fashion manager, or as a fashion blogger must have sound knowledge about Colours, Lines, Repeats, principles of design, silhouettes and body types, Textures & Patterns.
Colours – This topic focuses on what is colour? The theory behind how we perceive colour depending upon human moods, how to choose the right colour for yourself and according to the occasion. It also focuses on the psychology behind every colour that we see and also their cultural significance across the world.
Lines - This section covers the basics of lines, it’s types and how it is used in the garments as a structural as well as a decorative element. It also breaks down various functions, a line plays in design such as direction, spacing, illusion and proportion.
Repeats – This teaches about the repetitive patterns that we see on fabrics as a decorative element. It also breaks down the types of repeats used by the fashion & textiles industry making the fabrics look livelier.
Principles of design – In this section, we will understand how various principles of design work, what are they and how to use them to represent different personalities and to add on the aesthetic value to the designs.
Silhouettes & Body types – In this section, we will be learning about different silhouettes of the garments and how to dress them as per the body type.
Textures & Patterns – This topic focuses on different types of textures i.e., surface of the fabrics, 2D as well as 3D, Patterns and prints that we see on many fabrics and its significance in designing a garment.
The course is strategically designed so that the students who want to learn the basics of designing will experience the ease of understanding and will be able to consume through the flow of topics. Additionally, various live and trendy examples have also been given to make the topic more interesting.
Who this course is for:
- Students interested in expanding and growing their knowledge of Fashion Design and Elements of Design
Indian Design League is one of its kind edtech training academy which offers creative and cutting-edge courses right at your fingertips. IDL provides access to exemplary quality of online learning, resources, and instructors and you can learn anywhere, anytime. The courses at IDL are intricately designed as per competent industry standards and the language is easy to understand.