Facing Down Your Fear of Failure with Faith | Seminary Class
- This course is open to all students. There are no course requirements or prerequisites. It is meant to be shared freely.
Welcome to Southern California Seminary's free online courses: Seminary for Everyone
Facing Down Your Fear of Failure with Faith | What Are You Afraid Of? | How to refocus on God in times of uncertainty and crisis
In this series Dr. David Jeremiah shares his heart and explores lessons from fearful people in the Bible. In this course from the book of Joshua, we learn how to replace the fear of failure with the assurance of success so we can find our purpose and make a difference in our world. There is a difference between a venture that is our idea and a venture that is God's idea. With our ideas, the fear of failure is a constant reality since there is no assurance of success. But when the calling is from God, and He promises success, we have no reason to fear the possibility of failure.
Section 1 – Introduction to “What Are You Afraid Of?”
Section 2 – The Five Principles of Faith-based Success
I. The Principle of Divine Perspective
II. The Principle of Divine Purpose
III. The Principle of Divine Persuasion
IV. The Principle of Divine Priority
V. The Principle of Divine Presence
Dr. David Jeremiah, Chancellor of Southern California Seminary, is among the most well-known Bible teachers in the world. He serves as senior pastor of Shadow Mountain Community Church in El Cajon, California. His popular radio and television Bible-teaching program, Turning Point, is broadcast internationally on more than 2,200 stations. A New York Times best-selling author and Gold Medallion winner, he has written more than 50 books, including God Loves You--He Always Has, He Always Will.
Who this course is for:
- This course is designed for those who are interested in what Christians believe and what the Bible teaches about God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit, faith, hope, salvation, suffering, uncertainty, and the Christian life that pursues love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control (Galatians 5:22-23) in every situation. We were designed for so much more! Great for students, leaders, teachers, mentors, and life coaches who want to face down the fear of failure and live with greater confidence, courage, and boldness.
- This course is designed for personal or group study.
- 04:26Course Introduction
- 02:25What Are You Afraid of?
- 04:54Overview of the Fear of Failure
- 02:25Facing the Fear of Failure - Drama - When Fear Shows Up
- 00:07Course Resources and Downloads
Dr. David Jeremiah serves as chancellor of Southern California Seminary and as senior pastor of Shadow Mountain Community Church in El Cajon, California. He is the founder and host of the global radio and television ministry, Turning Point, a broadcast program dedicated to sharing the unchanging Word of God with an ever-changing world. The combined weekly audience of Turning Point exceeds 10 million people worldwide. Dr. Jeremiah is also the author of more than 40 books, including the bestsellers Captured by Grace, What in the World Is Going On?, and the most recent New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal bestseller, God loves You: He Always Has, He Always Will.
Dr. Jeremiah is committed to teaching the complete Word of God. His passion for encouraging believers in their faith is demonstrated through his faith communication of biblical truths.
The professors of Southern California Seminary serve as the facilitators for this course. The course designer, Dr. Gary Woods, has taught in classrooms and online for Southern California Seminary, San Diego Christian College, Luther Rice Seminary, and Liberty University since 1996. He has a Master of Divinity from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary and a Doctor of Education in Technology from Alliant International University. He serves on the pastoral staff of Shadow Mountain Community Church.