What you'll learn
- Learn specific skills for facilitating meetings and workshops – the mechanics, as well as facilitation strategies that build community.
- Practice using these skills in a supportive environment with feedback from experienced NVC trainers.
- Know about some common challenges and how to engage positive problem-solving when they come up.
- Be introduced to NVC concepts that support group process.
- Come away with a better understanding of NVC and with a network of friends and colleagues in the NVC community.
- No facilitation experience is required to benefit from this online training
This course teaches strategies for facilitation of discussion and decision-making in meetings, workshops or any other sort of community dialogue. It gives techniques for developing the vision and values that will guide the group's work. It offers guidance on how to ensure that everyone with input contributes their ideas and suggestions; how to keep track of what has been decided and what is still under discussion; and how to allow time for creative thinking, planning and problem-solving.
The course uses principles of Nonviolent Communication (NVC), a way of communicating that focuses on what we are observing, feeling, needing and requesting rather than on judgement or blame. It offers specific techniques for building group rapport and momentum, and for overcoming challenges such as conflict, boredom and lack of participation.
This course will be of interest to people who would like to contribute more effectively in community meetings and events, whether as a volunteer or a committee member. It will enable you to support a vision for a group's future and help the group agree practical next steps.
- What is facilitation?
- Your role as facilitator - your rights, your responsibilities
- What is NVC?
- Principles of NVC
- NVC components for meeting facilitation
- Needs and values, not goals or solutions
- Building safety and rapport - the four steps to safety
- Keeping everyone in the conversation
- Getting beyond "yes"/"no" questions
Who this course is for:
- This course will be of interest to people who would like to contribute more effectively in community meetings and events, whether as a volunteer or a committee member.
AJK Consulting provides online training & development programs in the areas of personal & professional development and soft skills.
All courses are created with the help of subject matter experts, and sometimes we work with consulting firms specialized in the subject.
As with all Udemy courses, our training programs are self paced and can be accessed on all devices from anywhere.
If you have questions or need additional resources on a specific topic, please feel free to drop us a message and we will do our best to help you out.