The Complete Google Chrome Extensions Developer Course
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Identify problems that can be solved with Chrome Extensions.
- How to find and hire a programmer or developer to create the Chrome Extension for them.
Welcome to the Google Chrome Extensions Course!
What are extensions?
Extensions have little to no user interface.
For example, the image above shows the icon that provides the UI for the Google Mail Checker extension.
Extensions bundle all their files into a single file that the user downloads and installs. This bundling means that, unlike ordinary web apps, extensions don't need to depend on content from the web.
You can distribute your extension using the Chrome Developer Dashboard to publish to the Chrome Web Store. For more information, see the store developer documentation.
In this video, we do an overview of the Google Chrome WebStore.
Use these links to access the corresponding websites mentioned in this course.
- Students will need to have a GMail or Google account in order to successfully upload Chrome Extensions.
Google Chrome Extensions are amazingly useful and valuable tools. They are also remarkably easy to develop, monetize, and leverage. Using sites like Upwork to find qualified programmers and developers, you can have a Chrome Extension made for a reasonable price. Then, once you upload it to the Chrome Web Store, you can choose to give it away, use it to build an email list, charge a one-time fee, or even a monthly service fee.
The process may seem daunting at first, especially if you have little to no programming experience. Thankfully, this course requires no programming experience! We will walk through, step by step, the process of taking an idea, turning it into a Chrome Extension, and then uploading the completed extension to the Chrome Webstore.
- This course is designed for those looking to create their own Google Chrome Extensions by hiring a programmer/developer.
- This course is for people who wish to better understand the process of using Chrome Extensions.
- This course is for people looking to learn the process of finding and hiring a programmer or developer.
- This course does not teach programming, development, or computer coding.