Master your emotions with expressive writing
What you'll learn
- Why expressive writing is beneficial to wellbeing and how it can be used to process emotions
- A new method for tolerating and managing emotions: interoceptive awareness
- A technique for offloading and processing experiences and feelings
- How to stop avoiding and fearing negative emotions
- A desire to want to know more about emotions and how to manage them
- The time and space to write. At least 10mins per day during the course
In this course we will combine two techniques: expressive writing and interoceptive awareness into a powerful strategy that you can use to offload and process difficult emotions and manage everyday stress. At the end of the course you will know how to tolerate and manage emotions, and which expressive writing technique works for you. You will also have a go at using binaural beats to help process emotions. You will leave this course with your own Personal Processing Plan to use whenever you need to offload and process difficult life events and emotions. It is my hope that you will regularly use the technique to 'check-in', offload and process so that feelings do not build-up and you have a sense of clarity over your life and what you feel.
My view is that we can go through daily life and have lots of things happen that we don’t get time to think about and ‘process' emotionally and that these feelings do not go away. For example if we feel sad about something our instinct can be to distract ourselves rather than feel the sadness. Sometimes we can be wary of feeling emotions and worry that they will overwhelm us. Distraction can be a helpful strategy but it doesn’t help you to process the reason why you feel sad. So how do we discharge and process our emotions in a way that is manageable and not overwhelming? This is the question I hope to answer for you in this course.
Who this course is for:
- People looking for an alternative to traditional talking therapies
- If you are looking for a way to understand your feelings and how to manage them then this course is for you
Hello I'm Donna, an accredited psychotherapist, composer and Author of the book 'Do I Need to See a Therapist?'.
I've been a therapist since 1999 and provide therapies such as CBT, EMDR, Brainspotting and Expressive writing for health.
I am a BABCP Accredited Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist, an Accredited member of the National Counselling Society, and a Certified Brainspotting therapist as well as trained in all 4 phases of EMDR therapy.
I practice expressive writing personally and like to combine it with sound for maximum effectiveness. I am currently training in the use of sound therapies for wellbeing.
I have found that writing and sound can be helpful ways of offloading and processing events. So I've put this course together to let you know what I've found so far.