Learn SSRS SQL Reporting & Business Intelligence Essentials
What you'll learn
- By the end of this course, you will be able to create great SSRS reports.
- You will learn how to extract data from a database
- You will learn how to organize large amounts of data into concise reports
- You will learn how to use graphical display objects to make reports that stand out
- You will learn how to work smarter, not harder, by learning techniques that cut down on repetitive work
- Basic knowledge of SQL is a nice to have
- You can just watch the videos, but if you'd like to follow along with your own database, I recommend getting the free version of Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Express Edition from Microsoft's website
This is a fast-paced and in-depth course for Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) designed to get you building your own great reports in no time. This course will take you from the bare minimum basics all the way through advanced topics including:
- Drill Throughs
- Sub Reports
- Standard Deviation
This course moves quickly to keep you interested but that doesn't mean skipping over important concepts or skimming details. With three hours of videos this course shows you everything you need to get the job done in the real world.
The database we will be using focuses on a fictional consumer electronics store. This database is simple and easy to understand without a lot of extra fluff. But you'll be surprised at how many different types of reports you will be able to create.
This course is hands-on. It includes all the SQL code you need to build your own copy of the database used in the lectures. It's OK if you aren't a SQL pro, the videos go line-by-line through all the queries and stored procedures used in the course. With SQL code attached in the appropriate lectures, you'll be able to follow along at home.
The course is broken out into 2 main sections:
- Database Setup - Explains the schema of the database, the data, the Stored Procedures, and other general back-end items.
- SSRS - The main focus of the course, this section covers how to do all the important things to make great reports. This includes not only making functional reports, but also useful reports.
A small amount of SQL knowledge would be beneficial, but not strictly required for the course, as all SQL code is explained in the lectures.
You should take this course if you are looking to improve your SSRS skill set and deliver reports that exceed your end-user's expectations.
Who this course is for:
- IT professionals who want to develop their SSRS skillset
- Business Intelligence Analysts and Developers looking for new ways to create reports
- Some previous experience with Microsoft BI products is helpful, but by no means required
William got his start in the Business Intelligence field at one of the largest banks in the US. He has since moved on to other companies and business sectors including Education, Healthcare, e-commerce, and Transportation. Now with over 10 years of experience working with the Microsoft BI stack he knows how to get projects done.
William has made countless reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS). With his knowledge and creativity combined he is able to deliver great reporting that helps businesses make decisions. From simple dashboards to complex projects scaled out to 100s of users, William has a broad pool of experience to draw from.
Self taught and highly motivated, William brings his energy and expertise to every project.