Expert Series Vol 1: All Experts Are Liars
What you'll learn
- Analyze the body language of experts to evaluate their credibility
- Understand the motivations of experts to filter out credible content from everything else
- Find the top 2 or 3 experts in a domain of knowledge
- Familiarity with basic marketing tactics is a plus but not required
- Willingness to subject even your favorite experts to these credibility tests
- Interest in finding out who the real experts really are
A lot of accelerated learners are focused on the wrong things.
I'm not saying these aren't worth learning about, but they are missing one of the biggest components:
How you source your information.
A Chef always makes sure they are use the best ingredients.
And you should have the same high standards when you are choosing who you are going to learn from.
The problem is, there are way too many options for most of us to filter through.
And even when we cull the herd, there are still many experts, all claiming to be the best in the world, and no objective way to measure or compare them.
In sports, it's easy to compare people. (or at least, easier).
But when it comes to expertise in the subjects that will help grow our businesses or further our careers, there is a big problem.
There is no one good way to figure out who is the best expert to learn from.
You can be the fastest reader, the best note taker, the most gifted memory champion, but if you are starting with low quality learning materials, you are going to spend a lot of time going very fast either in circles, or in the wrong direction.
Here's the UGLY TRUTH.
There is no one perfect way to measure expertise.
So if you are coming here for a silver bullet...sorry to disappoint.
Instead, this course is going to teach you the best heuristics out there to measure and evaluate experts in your chosen domain.
This course is about putting you in the drivers seat in your education so that you have a lot more control over who YOU deem the expert to be.
Based on your own careful analysis, you will be able to decide on your own which experts to invest your valuable time and money in.
At a certain point in your learning, you have to move beyond reading just the popular books that you see on the best sellers list or in a magazine.
You have to be able to find those diamonds in the rough who can take the to the next level of your learning journey.
Don't get me wrong, there a lots of great experts who are also commercially successful, but it's a thin line to walk and many domains are littered with fake experts who are very commercially successful.
This course will give you the tools to differentiate experts and help you find the experts who will take you to the top.
See you inside the course,
Who this course is for:
- Entrepreneurs who want to quickly determine if an experts knows what they are talking about
- Professionals who are inundated with information and need to quickly tell the difference from a real expert and a wannabe
- Students who want to focus their time exclusively on the top experts in a field they know nothing about
Timothy Kenny is the author of “Accelerated Learning for Entrepreneurs.” He teaches classes and speaks to groups about how to accelerate their learning so that they can build successful businesses faster and with more confidence in their success.
Timothy has taught at the Harvard Innovation lab, The Tufts University Entrepreneurs Society, General Assembly in Boston, and has been a featured teacher on Skillshare, among others. He has consulted with startup teams on how to accelerate their learning, creativity, and growth.