A Product Management guide to Experimentation & A/B testing
What you'll learn
- Basic Statistics (Frequentist and Bayesian)
- A/B testing (aka AB testing, split testing)
- Evaluation of experiments
- Basic design of experiments
- Experimentation strategy
- Experiment documentation
- The importance of Experimentation for Product Managers
- Conversion rate optimization (i.e. CRO)
- Comfort with math
- Interest in Experimentation
- Being a better product manager
Learn the basics of Experimentation (aka A/B or AB testing) that all Product Managers should know in about an hour!
At the end of this no-nonsense course, students will understand the role of Experimentation in helping make strategic decisions, how to design basic Experiments and analyze their results, and how to develop a strategy that maximizes your resources and drives results. We'll explore:
When should you run Experiments?
10 important terms in Experimentation
The Experimentation process
Developing an Experimentation roadmap
Building the team
How to nurture an Experimentation culture
Intermediate/Advanced topic: Analyzing Results (Introduction to Frequentist, Bayesian, and Sequential statistics)
Who this course is for:
- Growth Hackers
- Product managers
- Marketing managers
- Potential or Aspiring Product managers
- Growth Marketers
- Conversion rate optimizers (CROs)
I start, grow, and optimize new practices that deliver outcomes by working across functions and divisions. Some of my accomplishments include establishing Growth, Product Operations, Experimentation, and Personalization practices.
- I've built, marketed, and optimized digital products for over 15 years.
- Launched three high-tempo Experimentation programs, 2 cross-functional Growth practices, a Product Operations function, a Landing Page Optimization practice, and a Personalization practice from scratch.
- Crushed revenue eCommerce targets by nurturing a data-driven culture at a B2B / B2C / DTC enterprise.
- Rebranded a company to capture a new market.
- Directed product activity that lead to the acquisition of a startup.
- Re-platformed marketing tech-stacks (at 2 companies).
- Redefined a company's cultural values to foster a customer focus and mutual respect in the workplace.
- Launched an in-house server-side A/B testing platform.
- Awarded multiple times for driving innovation and marketing excellence.
- Followed by Barack Obama and Sarah Cooper on Twitter (probably by accident, let's be honest).